What rehab did you go to?

I went to Glenbeigh, Rock Creek Ohio. That place saved my life… it taught me the tools to stay sober. It taught me how to be on a routine everyday. Fed me great lol. Taught me that meetings do work if you put your all into them, and I mean get involved. The counselors and counselor assistants were great! One counselor assistant taught me the meaning of integrity. They got me back to being creative even. I learned a lot about addiction and the disease part. And so much more!
In patient rehab saved my life!

What rehab did you go to?

2 Likes

Tully Hill in Tully NY
Cove Forge in Williamsburg PA (2)

1 Like

Sundown M Ranch in Yakima, Wa.

Congratulations. You should be proud of the good work you do on yourself!

2 Likes

That’s a wonderful picture. Did you drawn it?

1 Like

This has to be our secret than … and btw … I love the picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should throw in that I did my outpatient at Syracuse Behavioral Health. That counts I think.

15 yrs ago i went to a place called Teen Challenge for 13 months. (Obviously it didn’t stick). One of the toughest years of my life hands down. In Dec I did my detoxing and IOP through Heartland Center for Behavioral Change. Though it is state funded and just rough in general, I couldn’t imagine a better place for myself to be during those months. Every single staff member was an angel. They saved my life in every sense of the word. My goal is to volunteer there one day and give back what I was given.

2 Likes

How was your experience at Cove Forge? I live in Pittsburgh and was considering going there, but am very scared by the thought of rehab in general.

It’s good if you’re ready to be done. You can smoke and spend a lot of time outside. For the most part staff is excellent. Food and accommodations are ok. Programing is above average.

What part of Pittsburgh?

I went to an all women’s program called Breezy Point in MB. It was my first time going to treatment, it was a work based program so there was alot of physical labor and also alot of seminars. I learned alot while I was there and got to get in touch with my indeginous side. I sometimes miss it cause I’ve kinda lost some structure in my life, but I know it won’t always be this way I just have to work harder.

I also chose breezy cause it was the same treatment center my mum went to when I was a kid and I lived there with her so it was familiar to me.

I live right outside the city in the north hills. How long is the program? I’m just really scared of the thought of rehab. I was in a psych ward for 3 days last year and freaked out. I have really bad anxiety and am afraid that I’ll feel trapped and leave. I know that I need to go though…

I grew up in Evans City. It’s anywhere from 14-28 days depending on your insurance. You aren’t confined like you are in a psych ward so it should lessen anxiety. No one is ever excited about going to rehab, but I always meet some good people when I’ve gone.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

No problem. Personally I loved it there and it helped me a lot. I would imagine there’s staff there that still remember me bc I was there so much last year