What’s your favourite story from the big book?

As the title suggests; what’s your favourite story from the big book?

Mine is “Grounded” and “Keys of the Kingdom”.

1 Like

I haven’t read for it for a long time, this is a sign that I should!
I did highlight the story’s that stuck out to me il have to re read them and get back to you :blush:
… Get my book out the cupboard

2 Likes

Let me know when you get em!

2 Likes

I will do :100:!
Can’t believe the books still in the cupboard after my recent relapse :confused: shame on me !
Glad to be reminded it’s there, thank you :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Keys of the kingdom p304 .Stars dont fall p400 Jims story p483

2 Likes

Thanks Ray.
I’ll definitely be checking those out.

Oh, btw after 4 years of sobriety I finally got my ass to some AA meetings. I didn’t think I needed them :roll_eyes: What a beautiful thing :pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

They are pretty special!

I don’t think anyone ever believes that they’re not Bible-bashing airy-fairy meetings until they get in and see them for themselves. I think too many people read the steps, see the word “God” and go “Ahh not that guy”.

2 Likes

Fear of Fear…page 289.
It’s about a couple, both in AA. Very relatable for me. I was asked to speak at a meeting on something from the big book and this was the story I chose. My husband sat in the audience listening and actually had a lot of good things to say when I was done.

2 Likes

I didn’t like the fact the ones I go to close with the Lords Prayer. My Al-Anon friend said “So What!” “Say it. Don’t say it. No one cares!” I love the rest of the meeting. Think I’ll keep going.

1 Like

They’ve got a point!

2 Likes