What should I do...?

I have been keeping in the urge to self harm for a year and now it’s coming to the surface idk what to you I don’t feel safe because of me

2 Likes

I have no experience of your problem but when you don’t know what to do then do nothing but first reach out to someone you know who might be able to help you or at least just listen, I can listen BTW, do all the things that you know have got you this far but like I said if all else fails and you got nowhere else to turn stay on here and don’t move, that’s pretty much what I’m doing right now TBH, if I move now I’ll move towards drink and drugs. Stay distracted by giving others advice and it will take your mind off your own self and all the dillusion going on in your head.

4 Likes

Great advice Paul use it on ysself aswell it’s universal to anyone that want to listen love it.

3 Likes

Talk talk talk and keep talking. Self harm is escape; it’s about running from feelings instead of processing them in healthy ways. You don’t have to harm yourself to be in control of your life or safe; you are a good person who matters, and you and your body deserve safety and loving care.

Call (or text) one of the hotlines here - there are so many good ones (scroll down a bit to “Hotlines and text lines”:

Don’t ever give up; never stop reaching out. Your life matters, your body and your safety matters. You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, healthy life. Take care love & keep checking in here :innocent:

4 Likes

Ok thank you… I also need help with something my bff wants to commit suicide and j couldn’t help…

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that. It is always hard to see someone struggle with suicidal thoughts. We worry, we obsess even - it is like a magnet for our thoughts.

There is a fellowship for people preoccupied with suicide as an escape from life:
https://suicideanonymous.net/meeting-list

They have online meetings. Maybe your friend could join. The next one is Tuesday.

For yourself - do you often find yourself busy busy trying to take care of others? Do you find you don’t have enough time or energy for your own needs?

2 Likes