What to do when temptation strikes?

I’m just curious. It would be great to be able to use this group for when temptation strikes. To.put out an alert in the hope’s that someone would respond before phoning a dealer.

1 Like

Have definitely seen the forum used for this! It does depend on who else is awake/online as to how many responses you would get I suppose. But it’s definitely a good place to reach out.

There is also a group called Seeking Help on here which can be used if people need support while under influence, so as not to risk making others want to use.

2 Likes

I went to meetings and got phone numbers. I can call many of them 24/7 and will get a response. If I were in real bad times they would even come get me.

3 Likes

Of course you can come on here…I’ll second everyone and say that it really depends knows on here, but we’re all here to help. More importantly…if you’re serious about staying sober, just my suggestion but…I would delete every contacts number you have immediately. The higher power I call the universe gifted me that by breaking my phone and rendurring the SIM card useless two days after I hit rock bottom (A fucking men). I’m not sure what it is that you use…for me it was mainly cocaine, and boy did not being able to reach out to my connects help me in those darker moments. The tension and difficulty lies when we have one foot in sobriety and the other in our old ways…it’s like we are standing on the top of two trains and trying to squeeze our legs to keep them together. The sooner we just jump two footed into that sober train and go all in (a complete shift…number deleted, no gray area) the EASIER sobriety gets (not to say that it’s “easy”). I haven’t had alcohol or any drug in 308 days…and man am I glad I jumped all the way onto the sober train. It saved my life

6 Likes