What was the 1st thing you noticed enjoying as a sober person?

I enjoy that I’m not obsessing about my DOC anymore.

I enjoy not feeling guilty and not lying to my loved ones to hide my behavior.

2 Likes

Good question…so many things are better. But Id probably have to narrow it down to something pretty darn simple…I totally cherish my sober mornings with coffee, daily reflections, streaching, maybe some yoga if I am feeling froggy. I truly relish the peace and quiet I have to reflect and just sort of detox from the previous day. Set myself up for success. The mornings I dont get that time, watch out. Lol

I’m reading a hell of a lot more and my attention is so much better!

1 Like

An old thread, but worth revisiting.

There were a few things, but what still sticks with me all these years later is how freaking amazing it feels to wake up hangover and regret free. :heart:

4 Likes

I noticed i was enjoying. Time with my husband more. Best decision i made.

2 Likes

Congrats on being sober! I enjoy being fully awake and not sleep walking through my days.

2 Likes

Knowing what occurred the night before.

2 Likes

I love the focus. I feel on the ball at work, more motivated and productive. Also not wasting hours and days being hungover, sick, full of anxiety and shame.

2 Likes

Mornings without hangovers. Especially the crushing 3 am, drag my ass out of bed to sit in a hot shower thinking the pain would go away. It didn’t.
:face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

The sound and feel of a nice breeze… it was something i hadn’t noticed in a very long time. Really just nature in general.

2 Likes