What's the biggest thing you have lost due to alcoholism?

I will go first
99% of my close friends except one. Love Ryan
And my innocence, my simplicity.

5 Likes

Years of my life and those years my family lost, who had to suffer watching me and worrying, and the precious time we could of had instead.

The ability to manage my emotions naturally.

I know for sure I gain more being sober and lose a little, that’s life, but if I’m not sober I’m always going to lose until nothing is left to lose.

5 Likes

My dignity ,my self repect my motivation my love of life …but the one that hurts the most is the respect of my nine year old that I’ve not done anything to earn but expected back in return …

5 Likes

Myself. That was the hardest thing to get back as well.

7 Likes

I made peace :v: with my past a few years ago and the things I lost I still remember them but I draw a line under them and moved forward

9 Likes

My head. I will never fully emotionally recover from the decisions I made…

6 Likes

I feel like I lost my sense of honor. Alcohol has been my secret shame.

5 Likes

Never lost anything i miss gained everything i wanted sober and more

4 Likes

My self respect and dignity :-1:

4 Likes

The trust my two kids had in me… because everytime i say its the last time.i drink. I do it again…but im working on fixing that properly now.

6 Likes

Myself…………

2 Likes

Great topic.

I’ll start by answering what I’ve gained. I am 65 days sober and that is the greatest gift I could receive. Even though my life is in turmoil right now and times are very hard for me, I can’t get myself to where I want to be without my Higher Power and sobriety. It unlocks all the doors.

I have lost access to my kids for the time being, a million dollar home, a 5 year relationship, money, reputation, lots of material stuff, in trouble with police and court system, mental health, belief in myself (which is returning), friends, I could go on

3 Likes

Belief in myself, which I hope to gain back (or just gain, never really had it)