What's YOUR plan?

My plan this time is to not let anyone else affect my sobriety. And to stop helping/hanging out with people that doesn’t make me feel good.

Don’t matter if it’s longtime friends,family or whatever.

I’ll do my thing and won’t care about anyones opinions or actions.

Same goes career wise. I’m going to stop pretending that I want to do what everyone else thinks would be a good thing for me.

And by doing that I’ll keep my peace and sobriety.

14 Likes

Currently concluded day 2 of sobriety and feeling good overall. I’ve noticed some withdrawals but my mind feels more clear. No turning back. I’ve been telling myself long enough “stop on Monday” and it never happened. Even though I’m only 2 days sober, I know I can do this.

7 Likes

Welcome to the site all you newcomers!
@Leia @7Fliss2 @Excelsior89 @Zatara77 @Soli @LanaLane79 and all others …

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m so glad I found this app. There are so many amazing people here who seem to genuinely want to help​:heavy_heart_exclamation::blossom::pray:
If I can make it, it’ll surely be because of all the help and support I’ve received here.

5 Likes

Great reference points as i can relate what is working for me right now is the understanding why i have to stay away from the roller coasting with chemical use. Getting to a better place of accepting that there is no real healthy place for drugs in my life and realizing i have to work smarter in seperating from it…

2 Likes

Starting all over again, Day 1

3 Likes

There you go, keep at it.
Never give up
Never surrender

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Staying connected can feel like its all too hard sometimes. Thats when I know that really need to put the effort in. Small things, spending time in the garden, meditation, talking with others in recovery have all helped me to bring myself back to the present.

2 Likes

Wow this was so helpful thanks for sharing :face_holding_back_tears::pray:t5: im omw to 90 days im at 61 days strong :muscle:t5: :sparkling_heart: but believe it or not I have zero cravings or interest to do cocaine. In fact the only time it crosses my mind is when I get on this app and be like oh yea, I did do coke. But I know that I’m not out of the woods. I will definitely keep working my program. Thanks again for sharing friend :blush:

8 Likes

This is such a huge auppprt for me - thank you so so much ! I am only on Day 3 and have already connected with a therapist who lives 20 mins from me! Thank you so much !!!

4 Likes

Hi I am new here. I am on Day 3 from alcohol addiction. I had a good stint for 4 months at the end of last year but went back to my daily vodka habit. The information you gave above is amazing and given me the tools to sit down and work on my Plan. I look forward to being here and gathering as much information as I can because I am determined to be Sober once and for all.

4 Likes

Glad I read this I am on day 1 and feel rubbish but this gave the inspiration to ride the feeling out better days will come

4 Likes

Day 80, in sober living, no pink cloud here, step 5 was hard

1 Like

There are plans out there, for sure. But they are useless until you obtain a professional substance use disorder assessment, preferably an ASAM based assessment that screens for co-occurring mental health disorders. ONLY after you have an assessment can you have a plan and that plan will be mapped out with your participation by the professional who completes your assessment.

They will also refer you to services to use to get well and have a better roadmap for success in recovery. This is not about “staying sober”, it is about staying in recovery. First find out what exactly you have for substance use problems and how bad, and what type of treatment may be best for you to find success and joy in life.

You can read Terence Gorski until the cows come home, but without treatment services you are not helping yourself enough.

1 Like

I am thankful to hear you are working the steps. Stay with them, I celebrated 30 years in recovery last month and if I was not attending AA meetings and using the Steps I would be dead or in prison.

6 Likes

My experience is similar to this. I had to hit rock bottom to get clean. I found NA while i was in jail. 2020 was the real test for my recovery. I am proud to say im almost 5 years clean.

6 Likes

My plan is to cut ties with all my friends that are using and stop going in town where i used to live.

4 Likes

My plan? After 5 years clean from cocaine use and several failed attempts to quit, I went through a rehab center and from that 2019 until now, I feel very good. Well, but this is about always being attentive. From the smallest detail, if, for example, a cake has alcohol? Even if at any social event alcohol is going to be consumed? Do the people around me lead me to pre-consumption situations? Being alert is something constant and for life. If you are just starting out, 30 days of detox preferably in a psychiatric clinic, then enter a rehabilitation center. And listen and continue learning every day. This is for you and me. I leave you greetings and I know that you can

5 Likes

The biggest part of my plan, without getting too personal at the moment would be to be present in every single moment that I am here.
My Drunk self, is not, and I vow to be.
Plan for me is to keep being present and using the phrase my sponsor taught me “let’s be sober one more day today” and it has gotten me through so much these past 10 days. I have fought like crazy to come out of it, I am finally out and DO NOT plan to go back…

9 Likes