When does the withdrawals stop

How long does the withdrawals from heroin stop it’s been 5 days now and still sick trying this with going to hospital but can’t take much more

4 Likes

Congrats Lonnie on your 5 days

I am not familiar with heroine but looking it up i see the following
Acute withdrawal symptoms typically begin within a few hours or days after a person’s last use and resolve within 1 to 2 weeks. Milder symptoms that continue beyond the timeframe of acute withdrawal symptoms are sometimes called “prolonged withdrawal” or “protracted abstinence” symptoms.

Everyones time line for recovery is different. Do seek medical help if the symptoms get to he too much. You need to protect yourself and your sobriety.

Glad to see that you posted here- its a great community. Wishing you luck and hope to see you around.

4 Likes

Welcome to your community Lonnie. After 20 years of opiate abuse including heroin and gobs of pills my withdrawals lasted for 5 days. I was in a state psych hospital before heading to rehab. Lost 10 pounds in those 5 days! Sweated through my tshirt ,had to take it off and let it air dry throughout the day,only had the clothes on my back. After that intensity it slowly got better. My stomach was iffy for maybe a week but eventually my body soul and mind started to heal. Stay strong. It will pass. I’m grateful you found us.:muscle::pray:

7 Likes

Oh, I know what you’re going through all too well. It all depends on how long you’ve been using, how much you were using, what you were using, & more. Is this your first time going through it?

3 Likes

Wow, 5 days is a blessing! The last time I went through the entire withdrawal process, it took like a month & a half. :frowning:

4 Likes

Time is going to vary depending on how long you were using, the amount and if the heroin consisted of fentanyl.

I went through opioid withdrawal and it took a good 10 days of feeling like utter crap. I have a friend going through heroin withdrawal now. it’s been a month and he’s still not feeling well at all but that’s because he was not doing the old school stuff. It was straight fentanyl.

3 Likes

:pensive: that sounds awful @XXIX . I suppose we all react differently after poisoning ourselves. I will pray it’s easier for you. However long it takes there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry for your trials and tribulations. Stay :muscle:

2 Likes

It’s usually been about a week for me for acute withdrawals, depending on how much/long I was using before I detoxed

Thank you!

1 Like

I know for myself it took about 2 weeks to withdraw off of heavy heroin and fentanyl use. Then it took about 2 months for the restless legs to quit. I’m currently 114 days off of opiates and am getting the vivitral shot from my doctor as I’m writing this.

When the mind agrees with body to get sober
Plus it’s so we are