When the impossible can be possible!

Addiction has always been an endless battle for me, I always thought it would end me and over two years ago I thought there was no option but to give in and give up.

I am now so thankful and blessed that wasn’t my end story after all my life battling one addiction after another. I knew at that rock bottom point I had to change and reset alot of my habits and thoughts.

I can tell you like everyone else I’ve had one hell of a journey and when I actually knew my only hope to stay alive was to get clean this little community got me to rehab, where rehab led to a programme, CBT, DBT, regression therapy which has led me to being sober, alive and thriving x

I’ve not been active for nearly coming a year more so I say on communicating however I have never strayed far and have always been reading posts and the main reason I never stopped is because I know not reminding yourself about being an addict allows the gremlins to try at vain to believe just one more time will not hurt you.

So why the long post and that is because I want to share how recover has given me a life I never ever thought would happen, my family are back in my life I never thought there would be a day I would say those words… I have a relationship where I’m accepted for who I am (LGBT/Neurodiverse)

I have just got a job back in my home town I live a fair bit of distance from my hometown and always feared if I went back round where I grew up, I’d break and be back on drugs and now I’m looking for a place to call home!

My job front is more than I thought I ever would achieve and I’m working on supporting other addicts in a very well known rehab.

I wanted to share the positives because one of my biggest issues was I never could see past the hurt, damage and past history that kept me from recovering, loving myself and enjoying life without the aniexty or the dress.

So if your struggling that’s okay but know that there are brighter days ahead, there will be days that change to weeks that change to months that will end in years of showing you can be clean/sober and find joy in your life.

Believe in yourself, do it for you, acknowledge addiction and accept you can be free.

X

34 Likes

Its sooo wonderful to see u posting! Im grateful that so much has been brought back to u in recovery :slight_smile: uv worked very hard to get where u are!

8 Likes

It is so heartwarming to read your update. You deserve all you have accomplished and so much more. :heart:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I am longing to experience something similar

4 Likes

:people_hugging:

Don’t even know what to say. So happy to see you here D. Thanks for sharing. Lots of love.

5 Likes

It’s amazing to see you again!! Thanks for coming back :heart:

6 Likes

Oh D! Thank you for coming to share your update. I get butterflies just thinking about how things have changed for you and I’m so happy to hear it. Lots of love for you here.

5 Likes

So happy to hear from you! What an inspirational post too. Glad you’re finding you happy place to call “home”.

3 Likes

So inspired, Dani. That rehab is lucky to have you.

4 Likes

Thx Danni for the caring share . I am proud for you too, stay strong :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you for the update. It’s good to hear from you. I’m happy your life is good. Sending you hugs and sunshine :hugs::sunflower::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Good to read again you and I’m so happy that you are doing more than fine!! :facepunch:

3 Likes

I was just reading your goodbye post and wondering how you are doing!

You’re absolutely right, gratitude for recovery has to come first, and then patience with the process. I think it’s especially cool that you are working in a rehab and that you get to grow your sobriety every day!

Thank you for the checkin. You have been missed and I for one am glad to see you pop in for a visit or a stay.

6 Likes

Aaaannnnnnd she’s back!

Good to hear from you.

1 Like

All of you thanks

Yes I’m back x

5 Likes

OMG, girl, I’ve missed you so :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

It’s wonderful to see you. :pray::pray: You are such a pillar of wisdom and tenacity and I’m overjoyed you’re back and safe and healthy and well. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

That’s just made me smile x

3 Likes

Oh yay! You’re back! And not surprisingly, as amazing as ever.
I’ve missed you so and this made my day! :orange_heart:

3 Likes

So happy to see you checking in D.
Thanks for the update. I’m so happy things are going well with you. Great share :hugs:
ODAAT
:pray::heart:

3 Likes