When was the last time you got to know yourself? Mirror therapy

So I was watching a British comedy show called Desmonds. Cut along story short its about a barbers shop, the family that lives there and the local community in London in late 80s early 90s. There is a scene where Desmond sits in his barbers chair late at night, alone in the shop and looks at himself in the mirror. He says “I hear you need to talk, good cause I need someone to talk to” He then goes on to talk to himself, venting about a problem he has with the world etc etc.

It got me thinking about a therapy where you sit in silence and look at yourself for 20-30mins in a mirror and REALLY observe yourself. Notice as much as you can. You can also tell yourself something you’re proud of whilst standing in the super man pose.

But this scene really hit home with me and got me thinking that you could ask yourself questions, tell that other you in the mirror how much you’re hurting, struggling, feeling happy or whatever your feeling and reply in a kind and caring way. Notice your tone towards yourself, body language etc. Anyways 4am now still cant sleep so needed to write.

7 Likes

Reminds me of David Goggins Accountability Mirror!

1 Like

I think i would find this hard to do honestly. I look at myself in the mirror but not really LOOK at myself, if u get what im trying to say. I should try it tho just to see what comes up for me.

1 Like

I think some would find it hard and some not so. But that’s the whole point, to start to get to know yourself in a deeper way. I think I’m going to find it hard at first but I’m kinda looking forward to the challenge and I’m willing to try new things to help me heal myself. Good luck hope it helps in some way l.

1 Like