When will I feel better

I have done withdrawals before but usually by day four they simmer down and I start feeling better. Today is day four and I am sooo shaky and full of anxiety also feel light headed, when will I start to feel better.

3 Likes

As my conditions progressed things took longer to recover from, i use to be able to get on and going with no hangovers no withdrawls, but the last time i had to go through the DTs took me 10-14 days. When we start to develope harder withdrawl symptoms its good to seek medical treatment. Just a day at a time things can get better, hope you feel better soon.

5 Likes

Congrats on your day 4 :tada: Just stick with it Laura. It IS going to get better. Each detox is a bit different. My day 4 I was an achy ball of rage. Day 7 or 8 I was almost human again. You can do it.

3 Likes

My experience has been similar to other replys.

As my use progressed my “getting better” time was stretched further out.

This time I was able to rest as much as I needed and eat and hydrate too and it took me a solid 7 days.

I would attempt to participate in life and adulting in the a.m. but by noon each day I was sweating bullets, shaky, sick to my stomach and walking as if I were still high and drunk. My shakes didn’t go away for 7 days and neither did my random sweats and nausea.
For 7 entire days I was asleep or laying down by noon. With no more life participation for 7 entire days from noon till next morning around 7am.

I’m not sure what kind of situation you have going right now and how much adulting you must keep with but keep going. You WILL succeed. Don’t quit before the miracle happens.

Pray. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey with whatever higher power… I encourage you to pray. Like you’re talking to your best friend. Natural, normal, even throw some cuss words in there if you need to… Pray and ask for healing, hope, courage and a heart that’s renewed and changed and a body that is healed.

You deserve to rest and be healed .

Sending you love, light , healing and blessings.

:heavy_heart_exclamation::pray::white_flag:
Alison

5 Likes

I quit drinking on the 6th. I wasn’t a daily drinker but I was a weekend warrior usually drank on Fridays after work, and sometimes on Saturday if I wasn’t too hung over from Friday :man_facepalming: and drank alot when I did. It’s still hard like the 1st day sometimes, it’s one of the hardest things I’ve done so just know your not alone :heart: God bless and much love!

3 Likes

I hope the day got better for you.
Tomorrow will be better so just hold on!

2 Likes

Give it a week as for the anxiety there will be good days and bad days but hang in there it’s worth it. Good luck. Peace

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I relapsed on Christmas, holidays for me are hard to stay sober for. I’m so mad at myself now I get to do withdrawals all over again ugh.

Maybe go see a professional and get help with meds. The detox got worse each time for me. It’s what helps keep me sober today.

1 Like

It’s a harsh penance but if we do the crime we gotta do the time in detox time. Keep trying until you succeed. Never give up, you can do it.

5 Likes

I have been sober for 12 hours and I can tell it’s worse. What do the doctors give you? And what does it do?

They can give you medication that help you sleep, for anxiety or for seizures if you have suffered from them in the past. Or aftercare can prescribe meds that suppose to reduce cravings or make you flushed and sick if you drink while taking them, to deter you from drinking.

Usually Librium or Valium on a taper for 10 days. That’s been my experience. I have done at home detox with my Dr. as well as in-patient detox. It helps with the shakes and anxiety. There are possibilities of a seziure with alcohol withdraw. Alcohol is a dangerous detox to go alone. My Dr. Helped me. Be honest with her/him and start to be honest with your self. Do you really think you can learn how drink “normally?”

2 Likes

Holidays are most difficult for many of us Laura. You are not alone in this fact.
Keep taking steps toward your goals.
A better version of you, I imagine. The fact that you are even on here and sharing and desiring different is a great start. Keep going.