When you’re at the end

I’m so tired of fighting the fight.

15 Likes

When you’re tired of fighting, it’s time to surrender.

I kept losing the fight, until I surrendered. I threw my hands up and said, you win, I can’t beat you, so I’ll stop trying. It made sobriety so much easier.

Welcome to the forum.

Be well!

22 Likes

Welcome, @Wrmas . You are in good company here. If you feel comfortable with sharing more, please do so. Otherwise, read around and see what you find helpful. I felt at the end of my rope when I found TS and I’m so glad I did. Sending you strength and comfort.

9 Likes

If you are at the end, at the bottom maybe, the only way is up.
That’s why you are here for I hope.
You want a different life, a different state of mind, be free again.
What have you tried so far to change?
Every one here has his own path to sobriety, with simularaties ofcourse.
What’s your doc? (Drug of choice) Mine is alcohol. Being here on this app helped me a lot to become and stay sober. I was very active on this tread Checking in daily to maintain focus #63 and checked in there every day to keep myself focussed on the job. Feel welcome to join in! It’s a very nice tread and we are very surportive (like on the whole forum by the way :hugs:).
success-see-your-goal-understand-the-obstacles-create-a-positive-mental-picture-clear-your

6 Likes

Was told surrender to win and it worked wish you well

3 Likes

Welcome @Wrmas!
I remember that feeling of being sick and tired of being sick and tired all too well. As others have said, surrendering was my only way out. The saying “nothing changes if nothing changes” applied to me where I was stuck in a cycle of hoping I would get and stay sober on my own. Nope, that didn’t work and I had to accept the fact that doing this on my own was impossible. I finally had to put my ego aside, surrender and asked for help. I found that help in an intensive outpatient program followed by AA.
There is a ton of support out there but it’s not going to come to you. Take action and put that fight into your recovery.
Wishing you the best on your journey.

3 Likes

No one man ever won a war on his own. We addicts tend to feel like we are alone in this battle. However none of us are alone. Whether it be those of us to turn to AA or those of us that turn to religion. Very few us every get out of the cycle alone. Once you give up the idea that you are alone it does get easier. I was right where you are 3 years ago, sick of the fight. Once I found others in the fight and found my church my outlook of the fight changed. There are so many people out there wanting to help with your fight, you just have to let them. It takes work to change your outlook but once you do life get so much better. I now look at like I will have this fight everyday for the rest of my life. The battles are hard at first but everyone of them you win make the next one easier. Now I win most of them without even thinking about it.

2 Likes