When your best friend says quitting is for quitters and shes no quitter

Just lost my best friend because she has chose to live the life of a drug addict and I want to live the life of a recovering addict so we spent a long time going back and forth through text and she just wants to smother me with my past and my fuck ups when all I wanted to do was help I literally treaded as lightly as possible not being pushy not being a bitch just telling her what I have seen and what I think about it because she is my best friend and that’s what best friends do right? Well apparently not it really sucks and I know that it’s just the drugs getting to her I can tell she is not the same person but she has been my best friend for a really long time and if it wasn’t for her I probably wouldn’t be alive today she literally became my friend after I lost my best friend Kirsten to a car wreck in 2009 (the year I started smoking drinking and taking pills) the year my life went to shit… I had no one and Ziggy saved me…drugs ruin everything and I mean everything they take your joy they take your love they take your life and they take the people’s lives around you too… This sucks it literally feels like I lost my best friend all over again only difference is she isn’t dead I just can’t save her from ruining her life and that’s exactly what’s happening before my eyes and it kills me :disappointed_relieved:

I’m trying to be as soft as I can here. But you have to focus on yourself! Not everyone else. Will that take people out of your life probably but you cannot fix other people. You are struggling to fix yourself so don’t focus on outside stuff. The saying is you do you! Best wishes

3 Likes

Gosh… You know what’s stupid is I know this stuff! I freakin pushed her away and we both said things that we shouldnt have… This is definitely my fault i shouldnt have even pushed the tiny bit i did because it bit me right on the ass. The main reason I did say anything at all instead of letting her come to me was because she sold my dad dope and it pushed me over the edge and I shouldn’t have let my anger get the best of me but I did all I can think about is helping her I even told her I would keep her daughter if she needed to go to rehab but this was before I made the decision to quit everything from marijuana cigarettes and alcohol to painkillers and Suboxone I told her that I wasn’t trying to come at or crazy or anything and everything was good I just made one wrong move and it fucked the whole thing up

And you guys are completely right 110% I should have definitely worried about and fixed myself first

1 Like

I’m the rainbow and sunshine guy here lol. But reading both of your posts it so sounds like you want to fix the world and if it rubs off on you then you’d take it. But I also see the desire in you. But you have to KNOW YOU ARE WORTHY of recovery yourself. Put yourself first for a little while.

4 Likes

I have been right where you are. I have lost many in my recovery, including my best friend. She wanted to keep using and I was ready for sobriety. Everyone here is right though. You’ve gotta do you FOR you! It’s been a long and hard road but my life has been made better because of it. The right people will support you 100% but still have the balls to tell you when you’re wrong. Those are the people you need.

1 Like

That is so me… I want to fix everyone else i give great advice so ive heard… Not tryin to be braggy but ya only problem i have is taking my own advice. I need to screenshot what you said and set it as my background so ill never forget lol. Im a fixer. I have a huge family. Theres 5 of us all together. I am the middle child and i try so hard to fix them all i usually do lol…

2 Likes

Maybe when she sees how well you’re doing shel come around doll? I know I wouldn’t be told for a long time. Focus on you and the rest will follow x

3 Likes