When your husband comes home with 2 huge bottles!

After repeatedly telling him please don’t drink in front of me he brings home 2 huge bottles and I’m already pissed. He asks if I am going to talk to him hummmm no I have asked and told him how hard it is when he drinks in front of me. His response tonight u have never said that to me… ugh🙄 then I’m cooking dinner and he says why don’t u go check on the kids. Wanting to take shots … I’m fucking cooking dinner and u are going to ask me to leave the room so u can take shots !!! I want to scratch his eyes out right now. Just passed 5 days I’m praying I am strong enough to get through the night.

1 Like

You got this.I think you need to prove hiw serious you are by keeping away from it tonight.He may not know that you really mean it until he sees you say NO when its right in front of you.Its definitely not okay for him to do that, and will take some adjustment .Sorry you have to deal with that tonight.

2 Likes

Wow, I’m sorry. I’d be beyond pissed. My husband still drinks, but he doesn’t flaunt that shit in front of me. I don’t even know what to say, it’s like he wants you to fail. Not ok.

1 Like

Maybe he is testing you? Either way not cool… I would ask for a dinner date out to set some boundaries. You both deserve to feel respected in your own home and his behavior is in no way respectful.

2 Likes

Boundaries … I wish …in this life my boundaries are whatever makes his life easy he tells me don’t drink I’m doing my best not to… and when I ask please don’t do it in front of me several times nothing … I’m in therapy and working every day to better our family and I am beating my head against a wall cuz he sees no changes in himself necessary. My counselor keeps telling me set boundaries too we laugh together when I explain what happens when I do. Of course she challenges me to keep trying AHHhh !!! I wish I could just scream right now sorry for the vent I sure wish and hope I find a way to make an impact on his thought process.

1 Like

Oh I know I have even asked him to just keep it outside or try and cover up the fact that he is until at least I get past the point of wanting to rip the damn bottle out of his hand and Chug it I have made it through the night so far just a couple hours and hopefully I’ll be so tired I just fall asleep and tomorrow gets here

Time will tell I guess I’m still sober to alcohol did not win tonight even though I’m cussed out and yelled at I did not let my emotions turn into binging and becoming numb to it all. Instead I cried grit my teeth and wiped the tears away before he could see that he had anything to do with those tears

2 Likes

@Ashauna that is totally not ok! Maybe going forward he can at least agree not to drink in front of you, even if he has to drink at other times or in other rooms. But you still may need a backup plan on how to handle it. There are a number of people on this forum who work as bartenders! In the end sobriety can’t depend on others’ behavior, only on our own.

1 Like

I know I feel bad for being aggravated about it but to be honest I’m not even that pissed about him drinking or drinking it in front of me. More so the absolute fuck you attitude I received simply because I was not all chatty Kathy with him. I wanted him to know I was serious about asking him not to do it in front of me so if I talked as if everything was normal he would just again ignore how I felt

No I agree you should be upset about it, and push for boundaries as hard as you can. My wife drinks wine in front of me, but first off I hate wine, but also we have an agreement and she asks what’s ok or not. Like I will not go to a store and buy it for her.

1 Like

You dont deserve that.You shouldnt have to hide your tears from him.Im so so sorry you are going through this.Im proud of you for staying sober, you are getting stronger.

1 Like

Maybe after tonight he will wake up and realize how mean he was about it. Seems hypocritical considering the reason I am not drinking is because I am such an asshole when I’m drunk. Hummm well yes I have made it through the night so far me and my two oldest boys are out on a Walmart run haha my oldest wanted gas station food weird kids lol! Keeping momma sober and don’t even know it :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I am not much of a cryer unless I get super pissed this time my feelings were just really hurt. And tonight proved to me that I can do this if I really want to cuz if I really wanted to I would have drank and I didn’t !! :blush:feeling very proud right now

1 Like

You are super right to feel proud. What an amazing achievement! X :heart:

1 Like

@Ashauna my husband does the same thing, so I know how pissed off you can get!! I’ve learned to stay away from him and the liquor when he’s home getting drunk. It’s hard to stay away and it’s harder to not want to take a shot or have a drink BUT it’s possible AND you’ll feel so much better about yourself and your sobriety every time you don’t give in!! Stay strong and never give up!!

1 Like

@Robin1 yes you are right it is hard to stay away for sure. The sad thing is it was not hard for me to stay away from him. His weekend routine is Friday night bring his bottles home and despite the fact that he does not go out and spends time with me and the kids the entire time he is drinking a glass of vodka with juice and continuously taking shots. Last night same story I fixed dinner he drank we played a game with the kids he drank. I had talked with him when he came home with the liquor about how hard it made it for me and as I said he disregarded it. At first he just ran to the refrigerator if I was leaving the room or asked me to leave so he could take a shot. Still bothered I tried to enjoy the night with the kids but chose not to really talk to him. As he drank more it was small comments " nice to see you are not talking to me" " I guess you will talk to kids but not me" grab his shot glass and blatantly shot after shot right in front of me. Then it was " what’s the difference she isn’t talking to me anyways" shot! Kids are not feeling well so we quit playing the game THANK GOD and I start studying then his last comment to me is " you know what it is just another one of your fucking excuses to be mad at me". I thought we could have a good night but no… storms off with his bottles into the bedroom and passes out again THANk GOD.

Today will be interesting I’m sure it’s so hard to know do I apologize to him for not talking to him or stand my ground. I feel like my counselor will say try and have a discussion with him … we don’t discuss well because unless it is me just agreeing to agree we don’t accomplish anything. Ugh :expressionless: I can’t win I’m a bitch when I drink (understatement of the year) and I’m a bitch if I don’t drink and just need a little support. Sorry for the whine fest all night

Find some more time out with your kids. Mine definitely keep me busy, and i’m sure yours love spending time with you! Maybe just tell the hubby you are taking kids to the park, and if he wants to drink, he can do that alone? Stay strong.

Maybe he’ll see he owes you an apology!! I’m really sorry you have to deal with this… But it will make you stronger!! The more you don’t give in, the more confident you’ll be!!! Hang in there!!!

PS…I can truly relate to the “bitch” when drinking and “bitch” when not drinking!! I’ve just come to terms with the fact I must be a BITCH!! LOL!! Everyone has to be something… So I’ll just be a sober one!! :grinning:

Hahaha no kidding I guess that makes 2 of us cuz with all of my power I just don’t want to be the looser I am when I drink any more. So rather a sober bitch then a drink looser :blush:.

What would he do if you took the bottle and started doing shots? My goodness that isnt fair. If my husband did that I really dont think I could abstain, good work sister!!

1 Like