Where better to take a Date

Okay so I’m not promoting that you date in early recovery butt… I am taking a date to the 50th anniversary of my rehab facility this weekend. I’m sure I’m earning brownie points. I am truly upfront about my addiction with people so I figure why not let her see my rehab friends. I might chase her away lol

6 Likes

I was in that conversation too. That was the night I didn’t sleep.

Nothing wrong with a bit of female company let her see were your at Chad ,im sure it will go great best wishes

1 Like

I’m feeling frosty today and I’ll bet you are as well. Get out there and show em who you are! “I said skin that smoke wagon and go to work!”

1 Like

Enjoy Chad. Best wishes always.

1 Like

Well what a weekend. I had a good time at the anniversary and yes I had a great time on my date but in honesty it was a terrible date really. We didn’t get any time without needing to be somewhere and to have someone/everyone up our ass. I’m not sure I’d sign anyone up for that again. I just know that recovery is part of my life so if someone wants to be part of my life then they have to know what they are signing up for. Okay here’s going to be some random crap that I’ve had in my head. It’s hard to be that person that’s ON constantly. I don’t like to pretend being someone or something I’m not. Hell that was the person living in addiction not me now. I’m just happy that I can be happy with who I am. Thank you all for words of encouragement as always.

5 Likes

You know you’re a different person now, for the good and you don’t have to worry about how you come off to anyone. They can all get stuffed my friend. Great job!

1 Like

Hey chad i can do one better than you bro. I once took a girl on a 3rd date to meet my parents… she was nervous… then we arrived at the graveyard.

“Boom! They dead! Got ya!”

1 Like

Ouch. It was the 5th date I think. She lives in a town up by my treatment center so it was kinda location based a bit?

You think you guys will have another date?

Yeah planning on a bigger one for next weekend. We get along pretty good. It will be a road trip Friday. She will get to go to her first CA meeting

1 Like

Brilliant!! I am really happy its working out. I was afraid you blew it the way you said it was a terrible date. Good luck to you both!

1 Like