Where has your journey led you?

Seems almost every aspect of my life has been improving as I had hoped. I am 124 days sober and feel as though I’m really starting to feel the benefits in so many ways.
Im stoked to see where this journey leads me.

Good or bad where has your journey led you?
Please share!!

12 Likes

Happy content life being sober still going to meets after all this time well done on 124 days wish you well

3 Likes

Congrats on 124 days!
The journey has been a bittersweet one. With moments both sublime and heartbreaking.

Getting sober for me meant having to let go of a lot. Alcohol was the first and obvious thing to go. But I have let go of a lot of people as well, friends and family. And kicked most of the bad habits that went with my drinking. I still smoke cigarettes and love my candy/junk food.

The journey has been a very rewarding one overall. Very challenging and scary at times. But I wanted a new life. In order to achieve that I had to sacrifice most of the things in my old life and be brave enough to face the consequences.

5 Likes

It’s lead me to today - my little boy’s third birthday party. I’ll be running around playing balloon games and watching him squeal with delight as he eats cupcakes I made this morning. I have the energy and spirit to enjoy every second - instead of hating myself for sneaking to the basement to take a drink to get through it. I’ll wake up tomorrow and remember it all.

And I am so very grateful.:heart:

9 Likes

It’s led me to never missing a hug from my little girl, because I’m passed out. It’s led me to once again being someone my wife can count on.

It’s led me to my life-philosophy: keep getting better at getting better each and every day.

10 Likes

It has lead me to places I could never have fathomed even existed sober! And, I’ve got a promotion at work, I like my job, I’m finding happiness in my life and myself. I’m getting my life back, slowly but surely! The sober life is totally where my future is, and I fully embrace that now.

9 Likes

I’m more consistent with discipline and keeping my kids on track. I hold myself accountable, and encourage them to hold themselves accountable. I have been more firm in telling them I know when they are lying or making excuses.

I’ve not fallen into unhealthy relationships based around drunk sex. I am more aware of men’s wiles and have more respect for myself and feel I am worth pursuing in a healthy, respectful way by a man who has his shit together. I’ve deflected several advances by men who did not meet the standards I am now holding for myself.

I don’t go to work feeling sick and still drunk.

12 Likes

Congrats on the promotion! :clap::tada:

2 Likes

Although still early days for me, the sadest part of this journey was letting go of my old life and friends with whom ive spent my entire adult life but i wanted a sober life. I am happier in general, i have my shit together more, more money and my relationship with my family is improving every day xx

4 Likes

I am so much healthier than I can ever remember being, physically and mentally. I’ve been doing more walking, yoga and meditation, I’m sleeping properly and eating better. My self esteem is improving and I feel comfortable spending time on my own. I also feel more confident interacting with people on my own terms, even though I’m a bit quieter without my Dutch courage. I have fewer social interactions but the ones I have are better. I still have bad days but overall I am developing a sense of contentment, life is good :heart:

6 Likes

hang over free!! best gift I could have ask for!

5 Likes

Forgot to mention that my sober road has gotten me off blood pressure medication and my liver enzymes are back in a normal range😊.

And my little one’s party was soooo fun!

8 Likes

There’s a full one grand more in my bank account this month (holy hell…). Through my recovery I’ve been taking getting back in shape more seriously and starting to feel real benefits.

Also learning how to deal with the guilt and face fears again. With help from here and my program, I’m living differently. My trust in Life has been being restored, and with it genuine belief in a better future whatever may come. In living with others I have mended relationships, personal and professional. In living sober I’m piling up far fewer daily regrets which snowballs into more time to go after ways to grow. I can look at myself in the mirror again instead of looking away.

Work in progress! :wink:

6 Likes

I just adore you. Your posts always make me happy.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Likewise, for sure! :heart:

1 Like

The life I planned out as a kid growing up sure is not what I’m living today. I am on an amazing roller coaster. There have been low points and high. I am confident that what I went thru was and what I needed to get me ready for where O am today. A good place.

7 Likes

I like that!! Well put.

1 Like

I’m a little over three months but so far I have learned creating boundaries is not being mean it’s loving myself enough to know I don’t need to please everyone all the time. So far a journey inward that automatically spreads outward to those around me. I don’t rely on others opinions of me as much as I used to to gain self worth. Even if I don’t get everything I wanted to get done I know I’m enough- progress but definitely better. Self care is so important. Being vulnerable and owning my story has opened me up to deeper and more meaningful relationships. I’m really learning to like myself and appreciate my inner strength.

8 Likes

I am starting to feel like the person I always pretened to be and I love it. People around me seemed to believe my act of being healthy and together and only the ones truly close to me knew I was kind of a wreck and usually hungover just trying to drag myself thru each day. I am in awe of the things I can accomplish in a day now and am so thankful I finally decided to make this change for myself.

4 Likes

Im still early in sobriety 22 days to be exact. But my journey has led me to feeling in better shape mentally and physically. I feel like who i was meant to be. And tonight i got to spend some one on one with my son out on a dinner date. And really be present in the moment with him. Thanks for all your shares i enjoy reading them. And can relate

2 Likes