Where my cat people? #2

Cute, cute, cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

7b980b30702b4421404453899afd49c1be6a2cfb1839e204acdb43f10ba8cbf1.0
Cool cat, man! :smile:

2 Likes

Oooh I love his eye markings! Super kewl. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Best wishes to you and Zelda! Sweet kitty!

2 Likes

16 Likes

Luna demands petting before I go to sleep.

16 Likes

Snorring cats. I can’t move :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

I can tell she runs the show, :laughing:

4 Likes

He’s growing fast :scream_cat:
Such a handsome boy :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

14 Likes

Christmas For Cats

14 Likes

A very meowy christmas indeed!

2 Likes

@Chiron
Alice was waiting on us.

@Alisa I remember when we first started this subcutaneous bullshit and you told me about…. Was it your other cat or something? Looking forward to getting the fluids. Well todays the day :heart_eyes_cat: She has been hanging around us on fluid days. But today is the first time she jumped up here on her own.
Maybe it’s the Temptations Purrr-ée.

All full and getting the warmth from the fireplace.

13 Likes

Amazing! Yes, my sweet and dear kitty had a sub Q every day for a very long time. The preferred place was on the bed with the bag hanging off a picture hook in the wall. She would get in position and wait for it around the time … usually 5:30 to 6:00 or so.
It makes them feel good. It’s like a spa experience… rehydrating and soothing. Pampering. Thank you, Alice!!

My now kitty does the same thing for her medicine. It’s edible. She gobbles it up and more or less waits for it.
Help me help me if I ever spill it out of the bottle.
It’s compounded in Phoenix.

Best of health to all our pets.

Edit. I think I had a hanger on the picture hook and had it around the hanger. I see you have a pole, that’s good.
I also Could hang the hanger with the bag on a kitchen cabinet knob

4 Likes

I love this! I’m so happy she’s doing so well and that she allows the treatment so easily! My other cat fought like the devil’s nightmare whenever I tried to give him sub-q and even in his old and sick state that little mo-fo was strong, so I eventually gave up.

Zelda is similar. She panics if she even sees the bag of fluids or if I pinch the skin on the back of her neck even without fluids around. I think she associates it with all those visits to the ER and being hospitalized. Even once I have the IV in, she will struggle out of it half the time. I’ve given up because she started to avoid me in all situations and hide under the bed a lot.

I know she would feel a lot better too, but there’s nothing I can do to bribe her. I can barely find a food she will eat and she will only eat the temptations in the blue bag (which she gets every day because I carve holes in them and put bits two of her other medications in them so I can get the meds in her). Even so, she often won’t eat all the treats or will ignore them altogether.

Having something to hang the bag is totally a necessity! I have one of those portable laundry things where you can hang up your clothes along a bar. It has wheels and it’s fantastic for small laundry spaces, but also for hanging kitty IVs.

Anyway, so great to see Alice doing so well!

3 Likes

Murder mitts.

13 Likes

B likes a made bed. Especially the pillows.

12 Likes

Sponsor suggested a kitten or puppy. But after loosing my best mate to a paralysis tick. I opted for a kitten. Any advice on calming the 3am zoomies and trashing of the Christmas tree? :joy::disappointed_relieved::sleeping:

19 Likes

Noodle wants all the bed

15 Likes

I suggest a second kitty. two of them play with each other and it’s less stressful for them. worked perfectly for me for the last 28 years :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes