Where my cat people? (Part 1)

They both look great and happy.

4 Likes

Very cute, sounds like she already has a home, just needs some servants to attend to her other needs!:+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

P.S. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DEFLEA HER THOROUGHLY!! AFTER MY RECENT ENCOUNTER WITH A STRAY🐈

2 Likes

She’s spoiled with salmon & sardines lol. I want to get her vaccinated, wormed etc too. She was with what I presume was her mama, who occasionally comes around but pretty skittish. They have access to a heated feral cat shelter I bought & put in the shed/barn, and food & water bowl. I even had hubby put a kitty door that leads from barn side to his insulated/heated workshop. I sit on a chair and she jumps right into my lap. Just need to keep our prey-driven rescue dog from her. Thankfully he’s always leashed.

6 Likes

Oh wow @Salty! Sounds like the feral cats around your factory get treated better than some ‘owned’ cats!

Sorry for my naivety, but what is a ‘feral cat shelter’? I’m in Australia. Have never heard of them.

Not sure if you read my story a few posts back about my feline ‘Daisy’ catching fleas from our resident street cat last week.

Knowing how unwell and uncomfortable my cat was, made me think about the poor stray that gave her the fleas.

l was thinking l should put some food out with a flea tablet for her.

That way, if my cat escapes again,she might not catch fleas again too?!

4 Likes

You can buy little “houses” or shelters for stray or outdoor cats. Here in Canada, definitely helpful in harsh winters. The one I have, you plug in so it has a heated section.
Here’s two examples:

5 Likes

My wife found an old pic of Maverick and Beatrix
Look how cuuuuute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Beatrix’s smudge is all gone now.

Maverick and Daisy. This doesn’t end well. :pouting_cat:

The Beast on my face for a little meditation :pray:

11 Likes

This is Smoke; my spirit animal for the evening :rofl:

14 Likes

That’s, um… Not how you feed a cat. :joy:

5 Likes

The poster child for addiction /recovery

3 Likes

13 Likes

I had a similar one. My cat didn’t use it. Guess it depends on the cat, as always :pray:

1 Like

Baby Lambchop takes a lickin’ in our house. The dog likes it!

2 Likes

14 Likes

13 Likes

My name is Lizi and yes I am wonderful

11 Likes

Thank you. I’ll reach out if I have any questions. I’ll admit, I wish I could hold her and you could do it too! :laughing: My cat, Zergling, needed sub-q fluids at the end, but I think I wasn’t doing it right and he just hated it, so I just stopped. What good was it for me to terrorize him in his last days? I’ve successfully done this with Zelda a few times last year, but she also hates it. I think she is scarred from her hospital stay and the week surrounding it. :slightly_frowning_face:

Do you have any tips on the best way to hold a squirming cat while keeping the needle in?

2 Likes

That is exactly the face!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Allow me to introduce Yoshi. We just adopted him from a local shelter last week. His name means “good luck” in Japanese. Not sure what breed he is, but he is about 2 years old.

11 Likes

God bless you. I’m told black kitties are a challenge to adopt out. Beautiful cat! Enjoy him!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Where my cat people? (Part 2).