Where'd You Hide 'em?

There’s no necessity to hide beer in Austria, it’s the world’s second most beerdrinking country. It’s quite normal to have beer crates in the house and stock them up weekly, bringing back the empties :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

We all think “no one will look there…” and then they do.

2 Likes

I never had to hide beer or even wine but once my husband became terminally ill I would hide rum or vodka either in the drawer under my side of the divan bed or the freezer.

7 Likes

I would remove the plastic bladder from the wine box and it would fit anywhere. Whisky bottles in the filing cabinet behind the last file folder. Case of beer in a back corner of the garage. And empties. Empties everywhere. I do not miss the dishonesty and desperation.

10 Likes

Me too… Buy as you go scheme, but then I guess I had no reason to hide it. But if it was bought it was drunk, there was nothing left to hide.

1 Like

That was the hard part for me as well, being covert about disposing my empties. My wife prob’ly wondered why i was so enthusiastic about taking out the trash!

2 Likes

I hid the full unopened bottles of chardonnay in the trunk of the car. Once the wine was open I would transfer it to an empty plastic bottle in the back of the refrigerator behind the cat food. Or I would transfer it to an empty wine bottle in the fridge. (My SO doesn’t drink. So he never noticed if the bottle was empty or full). By refilling the original wine bottle I could “hide” my drinking. The hidden bottle was used to refill my glass when my SO stepped out of the room. That way my wine bottle stayed full.
It’s funny to read this and see how ridiculous this sounds.
Hugs

6 Likes

Too funny!!

I had a bottle of wine standing around in the kitchen, but had hidden stashes to drink additional amounts, in drawers in my home office, between my training and biking clothes, even once hid a bottle in my PC case. Also had another “weekend reserve” in our cellar, behind folders and in a backpack.

4 Likes

I drove around with a 30 pack in my car all during covid when the bars were closed

3 Likes

When my brother in law passed away at age 51, we went to clean out his room, car etc. He rented a room in a house and we found so many empty vodka bottles in the garage and under the seat of his car. The neighbor said he bought one every morning before work. When the police and detective were there to clear him for the morgue, the detective was shocked/disgusted when he found out he was a courier, he drove for a living.

Luckily the alcohol only killed him, seems he had a warrant for an accident, but it was all car damage. We watched him drink himself to death. He was in the hospital a couple weeks previously for his heart, and he asked if we’d get him some vodka. I was so mad at him for asking, I left. He left me a voicemail apologizing & the last thing he said was ‘I love you’. I never saw him again. He never did drugs, was afraid of them, didn’t smoke, but vodka, like myself and so many, it gets a hold on you. It’s legal, so cheap and easy to buy, and slowly kills you.

Wow that took a dark turn, SORRY! lol. I never had to hide anything, always had a 1.75 in my freezer. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Mostly my closet. Coat pockets or shoes boxes. When got sober (after my release from treatment) I cleaned out my closet and found empty shooter bottles and $50.

3 Likes

Under my bed or behind items in my bathroom cabinet.

1 Like

Im lucky. Where i live the trash cans are out on the alley. I could dump my empty bottles in different neighbors recycling bins. That way no one would know how much I drank.
Glad those days are over.

6 Likes

Inbetween my mattress and base in the pillow case ,in my wardrobe in a random bag / pocket under the sink hidden behind the chemicals ,in a fridge disposed by a neighbour in our communal areas also a rolled up carpet,im my car ,out with the dogs come back a little worse for wear

2 Likes

Never really did hide my mini bottles. But damn I found them everywhere lol

1 Like

When I was a kid we used to have another kid print out dirty pictures from Google that were extremely small and but on full sized pieces of paper, and I’d fold them up, take out the back of my PlayStation 2, and stuff em in there. The source had the brains cut the tiny pictures out of the giant paper and tape them around a pencil so he could look at them during class. Not sure which as worse since I never got caught but I might have missed it on a lesson learned. I also used to put them in a coffee can, duct tape it up, and hide it in the gutters on the roof. Can’t believe the stuff I did back then, we were about 11 at the time.

Funny thing here - it wasn’t hiding the full bottles, it was hiding the empty ones! I knew people would see it in the trash so I stashed the empty ones everywhere. In the back corners of the garage, under my bed, wrapped in bags and boxes. Found them for months after I got sober.
This is a great reminder of how chaotic and sad my life was during that time.

3 Likes

download

1 Like

Woops sorry I’m new. Thank you.