White knuckling it

Really having to white knuckle it today. I think boredom might play a part? All I want to do is get completely blitzed. Arghhhhh

1 Like

I white knuckled my sobriety for a long while and eventually I relapsed. Personally, once I found AA things changed. I found people who cared for me and eventually I wasn’t fighting any more. Anyway, welcome. I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes

exactly! Meetings teach you so much about yourself too

2 Likes

Thanks all. I went and got some chocolate to give myself something to take my mind off it. I haven’t been white knuckling too much at all it’s just the past 2 days.

AA wasn’t for me. The people there are where I would be in 5 years if I didn’t quit drinking. This makes my addict brain tell itself “well…you can just quit when you get as bad as those guys…” and I end up drinking again. Shitty logic I know but it’s what I’ve found.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve found Alan Carr’s Easy way to be excellent. I’ll re read it again tonight.
I fear that even with smart there will be people much further down the road of addiction than I am and it will make me think That I’m not as bad as that so why should I worry?

I know it’s stupid and irrational - I should worry precisely to stop becoming as addicted as the people there - but in my experience that has been enough to convince my addict brain that I’m not addicted. I came out of my first AA meeting and drank that night because I wasn’t as badly addicted as anyone there so convinced myself I didn’t have a problem. (I very much do have a problem)

This is always true!

No matter what program you choose it’s always best to look for similarities rather than differences. Main one being everyone is there to stop drinking