Who has a motivational song?

So, just wondering if others have a particular song that they’ve linked with staying sober and absolutely crank it up and sing at the top of their voice while feeling a million bucks?
I’ve got to say Titanium by Sia has me feeling fantastic!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Shake it Out by Florence and the Machine makes me feel awesome, motivated, powerful!

6 Likes

I have two, This Is Me, from the Greatest Showman, and The Champion by Carrie Underwood and Ludacris

4 Likes

This was brought up not to long ago :wink:

Rise Above This by Seether

2 Likes

Ahhh, then we can call this volume 2 @ Ac1z3k :blush:. Newbie here.

@Spangster89, I’m definitely putting both of these on my playlist! :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

I have an entire playlist I made after I got out of treatment, I’ll copy and paste all the song titles for you!

Let me know if you can’t get into it, and I’ll type it out lol

1 Like

I have two:

• This is me from The Greatest Showman is for me and my son who has special needs
  • We are the champions by Queen, this was my dads favourite, for me the champions are everyone in recovery

@Donnie_Spiering @Neighbrofthebeast668 @MoCatt @DungeonMaster @Hope0110 @Mephistopheles

Taylor swift - delicate

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

Ya same here. I was listening to either chuck ragan or tim barry and they came on. The first song I heard was “Drink till We’re Gone.” When I decided it was time to sober up I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to listen to them without getting triggered. Well its only certain songs. Their newest album is great! Definitely can relate to it now that k have a family.

1 Like

Clean- Taylor Swift
Sober- Demi Lovato
Wasted- Carrie Underwood

1 Like

Aw jeez…see, that would drive me right back to drinkin, but hey if it works who am I to judge :man_shrugging: I do hum a few bars of “shake it off” every time I get done peeing so I get it :grin:

I’m with @DungeonMaster tho, I like at least a little subtle anger with my inspiration whenever I think about addiction and Seether is perfect for that…

3 Likes

You bet! I love it because it’s a mix of different genres!

I was looking for a few new songs. I’ve downloaded and will add a few of my current recovery favourites and make a good long playlist!!

1 Like

For MOTIVATION (so not drinking or recovery related, per se) I LOVE

Extraordinary by Mandy Moore. I used to listen to it a lot when I was contemplating divorce but now it works for creating this new sober life. “Now I’m ready to be…extraordinary.”

1 Like

Man, I thought you were gonna say by Black Flag lol :metal:

1 Like