Who has covid right now or knows someone who does?

My wife doesn’t have symptoms either and we have not quarantined in home at all. By the time I realized it was Covid I was already basically symptom free. I thought I just had a minor cold little scratchy throat and drainage. I only took the test because my daughter tested and she told me too.

5 Likes

We have quarantined from going out in public. Just not with each other. And just walking the dogs.

4 Likes

Interesting you should ask right now. I am literally texting with a close friend who got covid when I did in November 2021 (pre vaccines)…neither of our husband’s got it. We were traveling with a group of close friends we travel with yearly and out of 39 of us, 17 got covid, 1 died. 6 of the couples only 1 person got it out of the couples. This seems to be rather common in my experience. I was very sick in bed for 2+ weeks when I had it. Some friends were very ill, others not so much.

Another dear friend died of covid in May pre vaccine.

One vaxxed friend had a breakthru case this summer b4 her booster. She was sick and recovered.

Back to today…my friend, her husband and their 2 kids spent Christmas in Jamaica. You have to test neg to fly to JA and to fly back home. Her husband and kids are on their way home (all neg), she is quarantining in her room for up to 10 days b4 she can leave the country. She was vaxxed, tho not boosted. She has no symptoms yet, thank goodness.

Just back from a trip to town where I learned the woman who runs the yoga studio I attend (tho not her class) is on a ventilator and not expected to recover (we assume unvaxxed as no sign to wear masks at yoga studio). Very very sad to learn this. She is well loved here.

Finally, an ex of a close friend vaxxed in April, not boosted has covid and is feeling quite poorly.

@dazercat, so sorry to hear! I trust you are all pumping in fluids, that helped me a lot and resting if needed. Sounds like a light case, which is a blessing. :heart:

9 Likes

Had it twice now.

The first time I didn’t even know I had it. Just have to Lateral Flow test because of work.

Male suicide in the U.K. is the real pandemic at the minute. A lot of it stemming from this so called pandemic.

Omricron variant discovered: 27th November 2021
Since then up until the 18th December

7 deaths in the U.K of the Omricron variant (average age of 83)

239 deaths in the U.K, male suicide (70% aged 25-44 years)

We need to deal with the issue of obesity in society which puts you at a much higher risk if you get COVID.

10 Likes

I just got my test results back today- I’m positive. Fully vaccinated. Just a little headache right now. Takes all temptation I had from going on a boat in the bay tonight to watch fireworks with my friends. I’ll order soup and relax. Ten paid days off work isn’t that upsetting, hoping things stay mild :yellow_heart:
About 20 percent of my staff has it. Be safe everyone. Raw garlic and honey are natural anti-virals :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

My heart goes out to you and people in the UK, I had a very close friend commit suicide this year. Everyone call someone you love tonight, even if they seem happy, and tell them you are thinking of them. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this! I hope you get well quickly and don’t go through the worst of the symptoms. Relax and take care of yourself. :heart:

7 Likes

Thanks Carolyn :kissing_heart: I’m feeling okay so far just a bit run down. Happy New Year :heart::yellow_heart::partying_face::yellow_heart::heart:

7 Likes

I’ve lost a friend recently

I’ve added in some stats from The Office Of National Statistics- its just getting completely overlooked as doesn’t fit with the narrative :disappointed:

8 Likes

I really hope that more help for mental health emerges. We need to normalize talking about it, both male and female, normalize asking for help, and make access to help more available. I know this is a COVID thread but if anyone ever needs to chat my PM’s are always open.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear you tested positive Callie, I hope yours is as mild as mine was. My doc told me no point in testing again. As it will probably show up positive long after I don’t have symptoms. And that I’m probably not contagious 3 days after the onset of symptoms. Isolate 5 days and continue to wear a mask. He thinks everyone is going to get this one.

7 Likes

Almost all my family got it for Christmas. Some were very sick, some tested positive but without symptoms, a few tested negative. I had three days of minor cold symptoms, almost nothing. My daughter had no symptoms at all. And I had three doses of vaccine. We were in isolation for one week and today i had a test, it came negative.
I’m in France btw

Let’s wait till the new variant :man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

The mental toll and trauma for the world is heartbreaking. So very sad to hear this.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear. Hopefully a light case for you as vaccinated. Lots of water and rest. :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks Eric, keeping my fingers crossed for a mild case too. Happy to hear yours has been manageable. :yellow_heart: I feel it was inevitable with me being around so many people at work.

6 Likes

Half my family right now. Considering my level of exposure I’d imagine I’m asymptomatic. No need to test as I’m quarantined anyway. Fully vaxxed an boosted so I’m cleared to return to work Monday

6 Likes

Our 2021 data isn’t complete yet, but for 2020 the US had 45,855 suicides, which was a 3% decline. Any progress we made there was lost to overdoses, which were over 100,000. For reference in the last 22 months the US has had 823,000 deaths to Covid.

Omicron seems to be more transmissible than previous variants but it’s tough to tell if it’s more lethal due to relatively good vaccination numbers. However it does not appear to be worse.

10 Likes

I don’t know anyone with Covid right now. I had Covid back in Nov 2020 (pre-vaxx) and I’m still rocking that natural immunity.

1 Like

They are now saying omicron should end the pandemic. I’ve been fortunate enough to not ever catch it. As for the vaccine no I wouldn’t touch it even all the hard drugs I have done.

1 Like

The question was who has or knows someone. Not our personal opinions on vaccines, etc. Closing the thread.

See Robin’s post on the matter.