Who likes camping?

Hi everyone 3 years ago I bought a camper van and I have used it more in the past 76 sober day’s than ever before! I have gone away 4 weekends in a row, I’m out camping now and have just been invited to go out next weekend!
I am a bit of a recluse but we’ll see how it goes.

29 Likes

I love camping! It’s perfect for recluses (I’m kind of a recluse too)

4 Likes

Omg, go you!!! So jealous!!! I grew up camping and was a camper for many many years…never with a camper van!!! That sounds heavenly. Congratulations on being a camper and on your 76 days…both are amazing!!

7 Likes

I love camping :slight_smile: so relaxing at nature

4 Likes

I love camping! We do car camping in a tent or backcountry camping. Love being in nature and morning coffee in the great outdoors is one of my all time favourites! But I never sleep well. Always need a recovery day after camping :joy:

6 Likes

Can’t stand it, my back hurts, I’m cold and it really sucks, but, that’s just the British way of camping. No way as sorted as our cousins across the pond.
To be perfectly honest we Brits, in this I include all 4 nations, we’re more of “oh shit we’re in the middle of nowhere lets get the tent up; and eat the local moss and bark”, than take the Winabago or or equivalent and hike 30 miles and cook a real meal with real coffee, just doesn’t happen over here !

3 Likes

I love a bit of wild camping, how else can you see sites like this and spend the night in such lovely solitude?

18 Likes

Love it! Do it all summer…if life allows

6 Likes

I love camping AND being a bit of a recluse. I’m a tent camper and get my best sleep in a sleeping bag. I have yet to camp sober though. Enjoy your time out there! :camping::heart:

7 Likes

Love the rock bridge. Any mosquitoes in that water?

3 Likes

I hope not i filled my water up from it :grinning:

To be serious, it was Dartmoor in November, the only wildlife was ponies.

4 Likes

Yes, love camping. I’m a member of a women’s RV group, but I just use a tent. My spouse doesn’t enjoy it, he’s a city boy from southern CA. So, I go on my own and he stays home and worries. When I was younger I did a few weekend backpack trips.
Enjoy!!! And congrats on your recovery. :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn:

4 Likes

Me :raising_hand_woman:!
We’re out right now, for the weekend in the Peak District. We bought a caravan last summer. This is our 3rd trip, l love it :sparkling_heart:
Where have you been so far?

3 Likes

That’s awesome Tom! That’s one of my favorite hobbies. I’m envious of your four weekends in a row!

In two years I plan to buy a Class A RV and travel the country for 3/4 of the year, settling down in the southern part of the US in the winter, and repeating that for as long as I enjoy it. It’s not going to be my normal primitive hiking/camping, instead it’s the so called Glamping, but it will enable me to work from the road while seeing America :earth_americas:

2 Likes

I love camping. From my time “in the field” as a US Marine, to overnights on the Appalachian Trail, I’ve always found peace and contentment away from it all. A few years ago, my wife and I purchased a mountain top property and a pop-up camper to go on it, and now that is my favorite place in the world to be.

8 Likes

Ive been going to a sober campout since i was a very young child (father has 39 years) and if it wasnt for that sober campout( sober in the sun ) i would never have come back inot the sobriety community it has not only showed me that i can be sober and happy but also reunited my family (my father my son and I who i have full custody of) but also reunited me with so many sober people in my area who truly care abouy me and us all

8 Likes

I love camping. Haven’t done it in some years but I hope to get back to it this summer. Enjoy the weekend!

3 Likes

Hi Pinky I live on Kangaroo Island off the coast of South Australia I i just get in the van and head in any direction.
Last week i had just met a group of Canadian backpackers on the jetty at Vivvone bay when we noticed a Great White Shark just meters away from us ( I had never seen one before)
I also found a place in a pine forrest close to a creek, I got 40 marron in 3 hours, 5 of them larger than coke cans.
I am on the mainland now in McLaren vale anout to head out for a coffee, have a great dat all

5 Likes

Love your set up, brings up fond memories. When I was a girl we had a pop up, pulled by our station wagon. We traveled the US in the summers and camped. As kids our job was to set up the camper and we would compete to see how fast we could snap the snaps of the canvas and get that baby ready. My 3 brothers slept in the pop up with my folks, but I preferred the back of the station wagon. We literally camped in every state except Washington, Alaska and Hawaii. We met kids from all over the country, played a lot of pinball at campgrounds and won pennies from other camping kids in poker games. We visited so many State and National Parks. It was an amazing experience and education. We all were there when my folks finally sold the old pop up off …back covered with State stickers. :heart:

8 Likes

I’ve been known to sleep in the woods from time to time.

I do a lot of “car camping” and backpacking.

Here in the PNW, theres no shortage of places to expore.

10 Likes