Why am I here?

I got restrictions on my phone and any app that is 17+ I can’t have. I can’t have the I Am Sober app and it actually helped me a bit with my self harm. This was the only alternative I could find, it’s weird.

3 Likes

Well, this place is a good place to be. :slight_smile:

What are you trying to get sober from? What are you doing to maintain that sobriety?

Edit, ah, SH, you mentioned it. How is that going?

4 Likes

There are many here who are fighting the self harm demon. Many are in remission hopefully forever. You will get help here. Post and continue to ask for help and say why. The checking in thread gets lots of activity. Welcome to the site .

2 Likes

Welcome Mia! Why can’t you have any apps that are 17+? This forum is actually 18.

3 Likes

This is the best app, so it’s worked out well.

I’m not sure about your username tho. I don’t think it’s true. Why would you choose to put yourself down like that? I bet you wouldn’t call your enemy a loser, you why are you calling yourself that name?

1 Like

There is a wonderful community here! I struggled with self harm for ten years and have been free from it for six. It’s a very complicated coping skill, mostly because it works. Having insight into your own experience and understanding what drives this behavior will serve you tremendously. I hope today is a good one. :black_heart:

1 Like

It’s okay, I haven’t felt the urge to do it in a few days. All I really feel now is either sadness or emptiness.

1 Like

My username was just the first thing I thought of, I joke around with my friends all the time and call them losers, it’s nothing personal or genuine. I call myself plenty worse.

I’m so happy for you, omg that’s great!!

I often did self deprecating/self sabotage thoughts too, it never helped me get out of my hole. I had to learn to do & think differently.
Be kind to that wonderful free-ranged human, Mia. It’s the only one you have. Hugs

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What was it about the I Am Sober app that helped you with your self-harm?

I heard a counselor say that we are harder on ourselves than other people.