Why are people like this

It’s like a kick to the teeth I know I’m 6 months and 12 days clean but when someone sends child services to my house in regards of drug use fucking feels like a kick to the teeth it’s making me stress more and have those urges more and more I’m doing my best to stay clean but In all reality I’m scared

5 Likes

Without knowing more about your situation it’s hard to say why people are doing that. Hopefully, it’s because they genuinely care about your children and worry.

The most important lesson here is to control what you can control and that’s your sobriety. Show those people by staying clean that you’re a new person. The more times childrens services shows up and finds nothing the more foolish those people look.

People doubt you, they probably have reasons to. Give them reasons not to doubt you. Stay clean today… rinse and repeat. It takes time to build new trends and you’re doing a great job. 6 months and 12 days is amazing. Focus on positives, and push forward. Bro, we’re in it to win it. You’re a winner my friend.

6 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate you and the kind words and it’s my sons mother who is sending them who’s a active meth and m addict I told her I wasn’t bringing him back and going for full custody bc I don’t want my son around the drugs I see how the messed up my life and my sons only 1 and doesn’t need his life ruined due to them I agreed to the mouth swab drug test and came up negative for everything but the assessment is still open

4 Likes

Send child services right back at her. You’re right to worry for your son. You’re doing the right things, keep on that path and you cannot go wrong.

4 Likes

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fixing-families/202401/stop-building-your-life-around-the-reactions-of-others

This was and is very relevant to me, maybe it’ll help your situation a little.