Why can I not believe in myself!?

I’m struggling a bit at the moment. I feel like I have no belief in my own self and what I am capable of. I have a dream and I posted my dream, some time ago on the vision board thread, after I plucked up the courage to actually put my dream out there. I have since been given the opportunity to make my dream a reality!!! This is amazing and exciting and yet the self sabotaging that I’m doing to myself mentally is crazy! My dream is something I’ve never had experience in and I would have to learn a lot and as I would be going into this with two partners the responsibilities would be massive. I just don’t have the self confidence to “jump”. I am a capable person and like everyone I have learnt how to do things as things arise in my life… keeping a home, kids, finances, running a small business for 13 years… all whilst learning as I go the whole way through. But this? :scream:That friggin voice in my head keeps saying,” it’s a lot of responsibility, what if you can’t do it and you let yourself and everyone down”? “Your life isn’t so bad, stay where you are, safe and familiar”. It’s like I showed the universe my dream/vision and now I’m saying, no thanks! What the hell is wrong with me? Sorry to be moaning about something so trivial whilst the world is going mad… it’s 4am here and been awake since 2, rattling my own brain! I went for a meeting today (socially distanced) with one of the men I would be setting all this up with and it went really well! He said that he feels we would be a great team and that I would be an asset. I’m worried about this… I’m an idiot :woman_facepalming:t3:… just had to get this out there. :woman_shrugging:t3: :pray:t2::two_hearts:

13 Likes

Change and stepping out of our comfort zone is never comfortable. But the universe has opened the door for you! Emotions are so real and raw for us. But I have faith in you! I think you’ll be great! What’s the worse case scenario? Big hugs and I’m excited for you :blush::hugs:

3 Likes

Go for it! Life is meant to be lived with everything you got!
I think you have what it takes, Sarah. Instead of thinking what if you CAN’T do it, think, holy sh@# I’m doing it!
:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks guys. I think I’ve spent so many years just playing it safe and wandering through my life, shoving booze down my throat as I go, I can’t remember ever really having to feel properly. My life since 16 has (thank god) has just happened for me. And now I want more I’m scared shitless because the universe has taken me by surprise and said, “come on, it’s yours”! (If that makes sense) You’re so right @Ravikamor! What IS the worst that can happen?? I just have to make the decision and let go and ‘free fall’ for a while. Like you say @anon79808082, enjoy the fact that I’m getting to have a go at a dream, lots of people never get to do that! It’s the letting go and believing in myself I’ve got to work at. The other fellas are so very capable at putting it together and financing it, they just need someone to actually bring a business together and run it all. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: Thanks for listening ladies, I’m so blessed to of found this place. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

8 Likes

Relax and go for it. It’s the opportunities you didn’t take that you regret.
Good luck baby girl. You CAN do it. Hugs.

1 Like

You can do this. You have to make shut up that voice on your shoulder keep saying, naaaa, not you, you are not worth it, you cannot do this. Who is this voice, where does it come from? Not so important rn. Just make it leave the room /head. Say stop. You can do this :blush:

1 Like

I think you’ll regret if you don’t do it. Go for it! I know it’s scary as hell but isn’t everything outside of our comfort zone scary? Don’t let that door close because it may never open up again. You’re one strong powerful woman and I believe in you. Now believe in yourself. Sending you strength to make the decision that’s best for you and your family. :heart: :muscle:

1 Like

You have confidence you just got a little tripped up on the journey,

You said it yourself you have accomplished so much, and are capable of doing many amazing things. So you know this is doable

You put it in the vision board and said it’s your dream, now dreams are reality. Often dreams are out of reach for most people, yours has not been, so of course being in a position to shift gears and experience the life you want is going to freak you out a bit. We are human, there’s always that one little part of us that says why what when how this seems impossible where’s the joke at? Or well you got a good system now why change it? Fear of the unknown and fear of change are natural

You made your dreams come true, they are at an arms reach and attainable, now look you planted the seeds, watered it and your garden is growing it’s time to harvest the fruits of your labors… congratulations

1 Like

Atta girl :wink: Go get’em Sarah!!! :+1::star_struck:

1 Like

Listened to this earlier this morning and after reading your post I felt compelled to share.

Don’t under-estimate yourself…lean in and reach out! Wishing you every success!!! :blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

:blush:

2 Likes

@Mallory, thank you :pray:t2:. @anon74766472, arghhh that voice! Why are we so hard on ourselves, we wouldn’t belittle anyone else like we do ourself? @Lisa07, you’re totally right! This door might not ever open again…I just got to try and relax and live in the moment more, thank you for your reply lady! @Fury thanks Chris :pray:t2::wink:! @TudorDee thanks for the podcast, I will most definitely be checking that out when I get some chill time, it was so very kind of you to share it :two_hearts:. @liv_m, I never thought about just going in small steps, I need to look at it more like that and just let it steadily gain momentum …thanks Mel! I really appreciate this fantastic place and all of the lovely people on here. Thank you for your kind responses. :pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts::crossed_fingers: here we go!!! :raised_hands:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes