Why do I fall do good then fall

Why is it I get clean for weeks and weeks then fall again? I know it’s time for a change

7 Likes

What are you doing to stay clean?

YOU CAN DO IT!!

2 Likes

Stay busy to thing go out, today is day 1 going to fight harder this time

3 Likes

Don’t give up this time :blush: if you want you can try my method - instead drinking alcohol try with a good cup of tea :coffee: .

2 Likes

That’s a good habit changer for the brain :blush:

3 Likes

Can I rephrase that statement?

How about:

I am grateful that I have the awareness of healthy change each time I slip. Because without this fall down, get back up, awareness I might not be here today, and I know that I’m worth it.

2 Likes

Simple you havnt got any defence in place have to change your mind set maybe try meetings or other means to get a strong sobriety wish you well

6 Likes

Every person has their own approach. What works for one person may not work for you. It’s like I explain to athletes about improving their skills. There are basic tenets to every sport, things that must be learned/done. With those basic foundations in place you then look to build your game in the way that best suits you. There are basic tenets of sobriety that people on here talk about a lot: determine your reason for quitting, establish a plan, work your plan, anticipate pitfalls and how you will avoid them. Your plan may include meetings, personal counseling, literature, or simply filling your life with lots of activities and partaking in this forum. Mine is the latter of these. For me I have a very busy life and that drives me to maintain sobriety because I have a lot of people depending on me. When I feel down or weak I come back here and connect and even when I don’t feel that way I come here for maintenance of my sobriety and to encourage others. That’s my plan. I know myself and why I quit and how best I think to keep my defense up as @Ray_M_C_Laren put it. Wishing you all the best, start with the basics and build your game plan!

6 Likes

I have started that :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow good :blush::+1: and how do you feel when you tried it

1 Like

Lots of people find it helpful to post here every day for accountability. Also helps many get right back on track should they fall…
Glad you’re here posting. Welcome back.