Why do i feel bad

I became addicted when i got laid off and started selling…people are gonna get it one way or another right? id cut people off and make plans with them to help them slow down like only sell them a max amount and only every 2 weeks or per month.
Id do everything i could to help these people realize there is better out there. Because i was a head and i saw and felt everything they would. Never added anything that would kill someone to the stuff…but does that make it any better or worst?

I hit the bottom, using every day, paranoid, hearing things, putting my relationship and family in jeapordy…i quit…found a job…not around it so dont use it anymore.

But these people who i tried to help…went dont hill…they have no one to cut them off or help them through.

Y do i feel like i failed them because im better off and they are back to square 1. Did i betray them.

Why do i feel so bad knowing ill be better off and can donthis alone…but feel they wont.

2 Likes

I think it’s important to remember that the biggest responsibility you have is to yourself.

Stepping away from habitual drug use and selling was probably challenging. It sounds like it was a big part of your life.

You’re better off for leaving that community and joining this one. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Using drugs is one thing whereas dealing them is something else. Help yourself by stopping using and help others by not selling them drugs. Then you should start to feel better.

3 Likes

The sad truth is someone down the line will either before you or after you or they may just take too much with out realising. That’s drugs.
People are dying every day so many.

Don’t get sucked back into that darkness. If your out of it now then keep it that way. It only gets darker.

Each person can only get them sober, each person can only control their own use no one else’s. Good luck and I hope you stick the right path :pray:

How many days have you managed by yourself ?
It’s good you feel you are able to get through this, you matter, you are the same as these people you speak of and the struggles for us all are real. This is a great community full of support I hope you stick around :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes