Why is it so easy for one bad day to feel like the end of the world

Ive done so good for the past 9 days, im still sober but emotionally I feel like today is my sink hole. Im in a facility so my sobriety isnt in danger. But my emotional state feels so rocky today. I want to scream, kick, throw things. Im doing my best to keep my cool towards others but its hard not having direct support. Today I dont feel like a person in recovery here I just feel like a “patient”.
I used to be good at doing this stuff alone but being alone isnt doing me any good right now.

5 Likes

Time to reach out & learn the healthy vulnerability needed to connect with other humans :innocent:

Early sobriety is a tsunami of emotions. You’re totally normal and you will get through this.

It’s hard, you’re right.

Now’s a good time to share your feelings with someone. You said you’re at a facility. Do you have groups you can attend there?

5 Likes

Thats why meetings make it easier get new sober friends you can lift the phone to when your not doing to good wish you well

3 Likes

Your doing well, remember you just have to get through today, your in a place that can maybe help you with these feelings?
Is there someone you can talk to there?

These feelings dont last forever, wishing you the best :hugs:

2 Likes

Good to hear you’re letting the feelings out it made me feel not so hopeless knowing that today i can identify with someone, somewhere and gave a little bit of hope and strength like you did to me by to writing this post. I just got home from rehab 4 days ago the groups there helped me alot, we dont havr to do this alone!!! today is been the darkest so far but just for today I’ll hold on to this to make it through. Stay strong and willing, best wishes :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

The facility im in sadly doesnt. Its not particularly a “rehab” facility. But I try and do my best with what I do have here

1 Like