Why me, why now, just how?

Hi All, im new here first time trying anything like this out. I have been trying to kick a coke habit myself for past year. Not much luck, i have done cold turkey from other drugs ( meth) and was successful. Life just has me more stressed out and tired now i dont feel i am strong enough to do this on my own. Any advice, kind words are greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening and being on this journey with me.

12 Likes

Welcome Andi, you are not alone. I think all of us here on Talking Sober came here because we needed to connect with other people in recovery. That human connection is essential.

Have you tried NA? www.NA.org Or SMART Recovery? Both have meetings all over the place and it’s a great place to meet people and learn and grow (and Talking Sober is helpful there too).

How can we help?

Welcome to Talking Sober! :wave:

6 Likes

Welcome Andi. I’m happy you found us.
This has been a great sober community for me to stop my alcohol addiction. I love it here because there are so many smart people with so many avenues of recovery. I’ve been keeping an open mind and doing what some of them are doing to keep my sobriety in tact.

Have a good read around. Lots of wonderful recovering addicts on here all in the same fight for out lives.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome @Andi23 ! I’m so glad the you found this place. Stay with us on here, we’re stronger together :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

So glad youre here too :slight_smile:
It for some reason or another get tougher as we get older, but that doesnt mean it cant be done. I hope you stick around on here, read around and even I have found checking daily on the check in page to be super helpful.

For me (just to share not give advice) I had to get down to the basics: what were my triggers and which ones could I get out my way? What were some tools or things I could get in place to help me when I felt triggered? It took some exploring, and was definitly different and am in a different place then when I quit when I was 20!

But knowing thst I had done it, and how awesome it truly was gave me something to hold on to. Finding this place and getting to see all the different things people do, different programs or just ways that people are getting sober and free also was so helpful for me. I got sober in AA at 20, and though I found it life changing (and gave me so many of the tools I still use and am so grateful for), it was no longer clicking for me…My point there being I thought it was the “only” way, and coming here has been a breath of fresh air because there are so many ways that people kick shit and stay clean 24 hours at a time.

Sone days are good, some are tough and some are just downright nasty. But in the end, so happy to be sober and happy to have found this place. Hope you find it helpfuk here on your journey. Stick around; we’re glad youre here :slight_smile: xo.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Andi! There is so much support here, it helps on ghis journey to not feel alone. I hope to see you around on here :blush:
:heart::v:

2 Likes