Wide awake

Well on day 5!! Just like everyone else goes through sleep is way off! Been up since 3 am and can’t go back to sleep which wouldn’t be a big deal cuz I would be able to just sleep later but I have appointments I have to take my father to! Also super anxious cuz i play on a dart league and darts are tonight! I know this is not a good situation to put myself in considering it’s in a bar! I’m hoping I can make it through with no drink that’s what I’m planning for! I know I should probably give darts up at this point but there is only 4 weeks to go and I actually enjoy playing darts! I also have things to do tomorrow and if I drink I will not follow through and lay in bed and feel sorry for myself and start over again even though it’s just 5 days! So as for today I’m just going to take it minute by minute

3 Likes

Would you be able to leave from playing darts if you felt like you had to drink? I dont think id go if I didnt have an exit. There were other times i was sober though and went in bars an all that an I had fun and wasnt even bothered. I usually relapse alone.

2 Likes

Not really wouldn’t be able to leave. When I relapse it’s usually with other people. And in my head I don’t want to drink so hope I can just follow through with it

2 Likes

Don’t just hope you can. know you can. And if you don’t know, then don’t go. What’s more important to you? Playing darts or being sober?
Just food for thought…
Sometimes we have to make uncomfortable changes to get past the initial trial period of sobriety.
But respectfully, do what’s best for you. I wish you all the best on your journey! :v:t3:

4 Likes

Ya that sounds risky😕

2 Likes

Personally if it was me on day 5 I wouldn’t go, it more of a risk in a bar you useally relapse with ppl risky, you need to dig deep on this journey, but Al said n done it will be a choice that you make, I wish u all the best

1 Like

Have you always drank playing darts? If you really want to stay sober I would let EVERYONE know the game plan.
Would it be a big deal if you didn’t go? Your health or darts, :thinking: Jk, but put it in perspective.

1 Like