Widget character

Oh wait…it took a little time but the widget updated and now it shows the same icon as the app.

The widget can take a minute or two to update if you don’t have the widget service enabled.

1 Like

That Chinese icon only came up the first time I set the widget. I never had one for my husband’s and only did it as a test today. After I made changes to the icon the widget updated each one I changed. Then I deleted the widget and added again with that original icon and it worked fine.

1 Like

Thank you, that has helped me track down the issue.

1 Like

Definitely happening on the first time widget only. I just realized I never added the widget on my new phone so I just did it now and I got that chinese icon again.

Yes, and after updating your icon from within the app it fixes itself, right?

1 Like

Yes, it does fix itself.

1 Like

Great! I will add in a quick check to keep these two in sync. It will do it automatically in the background when you open the app. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

The app uses Google’s Material icons. It looks like Google replaced the pinwheel icon with a car. The icon was named “toy”.

I’m wrapping up the fix for this. Just running a few tests to see if things are stable. I’ll release the update in a few hours. Thank you everyone for reporting and helping me identify the issue.

2 Likes

I don’t know where the setting is for the icon, can’t find it. But inside the app it’s a cloud.

Late to the party though, looks like!

Edit: Oh, I’m dumb. I found it. :sweat_smile:

And yeah, now that I changed it to a circled star, it updated. Switched it back to a cloud and that also appeared. Thank you, @Robin!

On the app home screen, hit the up arrow at the bottom, Display, Icon.