Wild animals we adore

I enjoy bird and all animal watching. Lol
That is one majestic looking owl! Simply beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ya we’ve been blessed to live in some places with some great wildlife and even the common or not so common squirrel. I was even watching and admiring this ugly grackle this morning out the window on the treadmill. We do love our animals.

My fave will always be when we saw the Humpback Whale breaching in the Pacific. What a majestic beauty. :whale2:

2 Likes

Last year’s turkeys crossing through our property

10 Likes

The fear and sadness in his eyes is so unmistakeable and plain to see. Makes one wanna cry it’s so obvious how he feels. Nice to know he was released safe and maybe won’t get trapped again so easily. :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I cried some tears and made my dad promise to not forget again! Definitely heartbreaking. I’m glad that he is not trapping anything lately.

1 Like

They are only around for three months each year. The rest of the year they are in the Congo. But they’re my favourite wild animals that I can watch from my own balcony, for as long as I can remember. Just now I found a map by the city council which maps their nests.

As I suspected they have nests in the old building on the other side of my little square. They’re too fast for me to get a decent pic so this is not mine.

They just left BTW. Will eagerly await their shrill cries and aerial acrobatics next spring. Love my city swifts.

https://maps.amsterdam.nl/vogels/?LANG=en

9 Likes

That is a beautiful bird!

1 Like

:grin: I love watching turkeys. I used to be a mail carrier and they seem to love crossing in front of me while delivering like they owned the road :rofl: tuekeys are a hoot

2 Likes

My folks get giant flocks of turkeys in the fields near their house. I have never in my life seen that many turkeys in one place! They’re fun creatures.

2 Likes

That’s how they are in the fields at my dad’s house too! It’s always a good laugh to see them pop out of our raspberries bushes. I absolutely love watching them. We never seem to get photos on our game cam of the big groups through the summer but come fall there’s the surprise photos of the little groups of toms every now and then.

2 Likes

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: awwwww lovely creatures. Their faces are so beautiful to me

1 Like

Right?! I saw them yesterday and was super happy . I love how their wool feels

1 Like

Sandhill cranes in our field one autumn

11 Likes

I love them. My mami would go seek them out in Michigan. They’re really beautiful.

2 Likes

Now that I know scrappy isn’t a boy and is cranky pregnant in mid August, I go out of my way even more to spy on her.
Obviously she is very much a lady :joy:

13 Likes

They are beautiful!

I just adore her and her cranky little attitude. Lol
I cant wait to see her babies. I think she is gonna be a very good defensive mama.
I haven’t seen our town deer coming around lately. Its been awfully hot. The raccoons only come out after I’ve gone to bed. I see the "gifts " they leave behind :sweat_smile: i won’t post pictures of that though. Youre welcome :rofl:

7 Likes

Was relaxing on couch with kiddo and heard something at the window. Earl was climbing on the screen :joy:
I think it’s likely a female and she’s nesting.

13 Likes

Lol earl is a cutie pie!
He/she was just making sure you weren’t up to something :grin:

1 Like