Wish me luck!

I’m starting over. I think the last time I tried it was back in March! I’m going to really try hard. Last time I got to day 16 and gave in… I’ve come to the realization that I’m not me! And haven’t been me in a long time. It’s taking a toll on my marriage and home life and I’m ready to change! It’s been 3 days and other than a super super bad headache it’s been ok! I only want to drink now because I know it will make the headache that I’ve had for 3 days go away!! Wish me luck!!

12 Likes

Day 16 last time?.. Ive been there quite a few times before.

For me the physical withdrawals were mostly done… My mind started playing tricks on me like… Are you really gonna do this forever? You have come so far, you deserve a drink for your hard work.

Keep pushing through! I saw the most benefit between 30 and 90 days. Honestly even after 3 years I am still learning and growing.

I learned so much just reading here daily… mostly about sobriety but also about so many other things.

I wish you well on your journey. No need for luck… just hard work!

3 Likes

Good luck Nicole!
Just say: Good riddance to bad rubbish!
You don’t have to do no nothin about no nothin to not drink. It’s quite relaxing to not have to make the effort to drink.

1 Like

Trying is good…what are you going to try to do to stat sober?

4 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

5 Likes

I don’t believe in luck so I will wish you much success and strength to put in the work needed to succeed.

2 Likes

“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity”

Best of luck.

6 Likes

I’ve never heard that but I love it so much

1 Like

My social studies teacher in 7th grade wrote that in my yearbook. Never forgot it!

1 Like