Withdrawals😭

The best advice would be to keep an eye on things.

The symptoms you have at the moment are general withdrawal and will pass. The nausea may get worse (very likely) but just ride it out.

Keep an eye out for more serious withdrawal symptoms, such as shaking (full body shaking) , hallucinations, psychosis, hearing voices, drifting in and out of consciousness. These could lead to fits and seizures which will need medical attention detox or a alcohol reduction plan.

See how things go. The fact your up and typing on here is a good sign.

1 Like

I can only go by my personal experience with it, and to call it a mind altering substance is outrageous. Using the recommended dose is far from mind altering. Of course anything can be abused.

Did your doctor recommend the dose? If so I apologise.

I would go a day at most just because my body wouldn’t even let me get intoxicated. Id be on binders 6 days a week i go no more than a day without chilling out. This is always night drinking too, never been a drinker before about 7pm. Not that it matters.

Actually taking a bath now listening to music to calm my mind and nerves. I emptied all alcohol i had left in this house.

4 Likes

Alot of the hallucinations, and psychosis for last night. I could barely sleep my heart racing and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Sweating non stop, couldn’t get comfortable etc.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words I definitely empty the two beers that I had left in the fridge because us his alcoholic we can’t just have that one drink and someone who is not personally an addict his not understand that our brain works differently from theirs. Thankfully I have had more of an appetite today and have been drinking water throughout so I’m hoping by tomorrow I feel a lot better

4 Likes

Oh I’m sorry you are going through this. But you know with every second, minute you stay sober it will get better. Good that you are taking a hot bath. With me a lot of sparkling water helped me. And tea. Maybe camomile? Just some non alcoholic liquids to keep you hydrated. And sleep. Relax. Maybe some relaxation music on?

If you have a doctor you should probably give them a call. Better to be safe than sorry

2 Likes

:pensive: sorry to hear your going through it right now but these symptoms will subside i would say no to the beer try and ask hubby to cuddle distract you or you can sleep it off for the day you got this !!!

I’ve found excersise is a good release… I haven’t ran on almost 5 years and just 15 minutes was enough to bring me to tears but when I was done I felt good about not folding. I’d try and find something to take your mind away. Something that forces you not to think

1 Like

You will feel better, I guarantee it, one day at a time. Lots of water & rest.

Don’t hold back on food; you can expect cravings (it’s replacing those alcohol sugars). Don’t worry about food, just eat what you want, when you want. Your diet will settle out after you get some sober time.

Join a recovery program of some type so you can get support & not feel alone. There’s a bunch listed here & many have online options:
Resources for our recovery

I drank only in the evenings like you, with very few nights off. I am on Day 5 now, but those first couple of nights? Horrible. No sleep, racing heart, panic. BUT, already I feel better physically today. Hang in there! Stress Relief tea works wonders IMO.

3 Likes

I feel the anxiety and cravings most at night. What helps me is a nice herbal (non caffeine) tea. It helps me chill and gets me straight to bed. Attached a pic of my fave.

2 Likes

I feel you! I was so poorly on Tuesday from a 4 day bender with no food. Today is my day three. I’m finding replacing my craving with starchy or sugary food is helping rid me of the craving for sugar in alcohol. So binging food and Netflix n reading a book called the curious joy of being sober. Great read, inspiring. Good luck :v:t2:

2 Likes

No need to apologiZe, but my guess is that you have zero personal experience with kratom. I do have personal experience with it, and it is 1000 times better than using drugs, or feeling so shitty that you call a dealer. It is a band aid that can help someone ease their mind, and give their body a chance to get healthy.

Kratom. Is. A. Drug.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

4 Likes

Let me guess the WD is no worse than Caffeine? Go to quitting kratom on reddit and tell them they have no experience with it. Its just another opiate, however its grown in a third world country which most likely has metals and pesticides in it. I messed with Kratom and its not just some natural plant that won’t effect you.

2 Likes

I don’t need to read anyone’s testimony, I have my own. Of course things like symptoms of wd would vary from person to person with many factors involved. I take a very (very) mild dose, but im not in active addiction. If I were in active addiction I would take as much as I could to feel messed up, as I’m sure it has the ability to do so. I have been an addict my whole life, way before I started using anything. Its those character defects that make it possible in my head to be so self centered (a matriarch defect present in all addicts). When someone truly understands that their addiction is a problem, they are already very aware of some of their character defects, and know they have to change their thinking…or "stinkin’ thinkin’. When this epiphany takes place, our goal is to achieve real clean time. Our goal is not to find a legal substance (like kratom) and get messed up on it and claim clean time just because its legal. That’s the stinkin thinkin that allowed us to live in our active addiction and hurt everyone around us over and over again. When someone is ready for clean living, they are able to be honest with themselves. And I can honestly say that my 2 cups of tea (kratom) a day is not me using a drug, its therapeutic…it has amazing mood enhancer benefits for me, as well as energy. Let’s be honest with ourselves, were we having fun using or drinking when we were in active addiction? Of course when you start using its fun, that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the sad, lonely, shameful end of our using…was it fun? Hell no. A very very mild addition to my tea (that has less side effects that big pharma drugs) that enhances my mood and energy level is not a bad thing. If you are in active addiction, mouthwash can be a bad thing.

Go to bed. If a bear is threatening to kill you, you don’t offer it your leg instead of your arm. That analogy sounded why more profound in my head, but you det it. Detox is a bitch. But you have to go through it in order to come out the other side. Stay hydrated (Twinings Cold infuse made me like water. So so so so much water.) Be prepared to take a midnight shower, if needed. Change clothes often so you don’t feel gross. Stay quiet and meditative if your have sensory overload. If you are really worried that you can not handle it, get medical help. But, do not drink!