Withdrawing from alcohol

Day 4. Had my kids birthday. Went to a place were there were a couple hundred kids playing in one big room. Anxiety was thru the roof. I usually am the guy that talks to everyone but barely said a word. I hope this goes away. Drinking a few during it would have made it so much easier. But I did play my boys usually I’d just sit and have a few and bullshit with the adults.

6 Likes

It does, first 10 days were the worst for me. Dont stop, keep your eye on the prize… freedom.

4 Likes

Great job going to the party and staying sober! It isn’t easy at the beginning to do things for the first time sober. I can remember several that were a challenge for me. Glad you went and could play with your boys.

2 Likes

There is a high level of discomfort in the early days, all of the chemical withdrawls. It’s so worth it, like you said you played with your kids instead of drinking! This will pass

2 Likes

You did great Corey! First weeks are uncomfortable at least so to say. But you pass another day of it :facepunch:
Keep going! If you play your cards right you never have to go to this again. Like @Its_me_Stella says: keep your eye on the prize :grinning:

2 Likes