Woke up hangover free

No hangover. It’s a victory and I’ll take it. Instead of waking up sad and anxious about what I may have said or done the night before, I’m enjoying my cup of coffee and reading through some sober blogs.
Day 1 in the books. Day 2 ahead of me. So far, so good as they say.

30 Likes

Awesome stuff! Great work. It’s a great feeling waking up sober :hugs:

3 Likes

I love hangover free!! Well done in day 1 and keep moving forward positively!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My first hangover free morning. Not too bad. Wasn’t dragging myself around to get ready for work. Day 1 in the books. Thanks for sharing, I need to know there are other folks doing the same as I am. The feeling alone or doing this by myself hasn’t worked.

4 Likes

Good for you Julia! Every sober moment is a win :innocent:

2 Likes

Congrats @Jewel and @Four2020… the mornings just get better and better. Welcome… you never need to feel alone here. Tx

2 Likes

Thank you Tara 99. I’m so tired of failing at this. One more start, with support this time. I can’t do this on my own. Just reading about drinking tea last night instead of poision, helped me wake up clear headed.

4 Likes

It’s really nice not having to do that mental check when you wake up.

2 Likes

The mental check, if I can remember it.
Did I …
fall asleep in the chair
Forget to lock the doors
Turn off tv
Feel horrible in the morning

2 Likes

The first few days on here were spent reading loads, completely took over my days. I also found commenting on posts, worked as therapy for myself. Take one day at a time, and reach out as often as you want to. Tx

1 Like

It’s a fantastic feeling waking up sober I’m on day 8 going into 9 and the past week I’ve felt fantastic makes you wonder why you enjoyed making yourself sick. Glad you woke up hangover free keep up the good work!

Keep Pounding

1 Like

Thank you for all the encouraging words and support. I’m glad I shared…not always good at it. Trying to do this differently this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love my sober mornings! One of the great gifts of sober life :heart:
Congratulations with day one passed en day two on the road, may many follow!

2 Likes

Another hangover free morning. I like it.

Yeah, I think it’s my favorite part of being sober. Waking up early with a clear head.

2 Likes

@Jewel - indeed for me to

1 Like

I’m on day 3 :heart::heart: we can absolutely do this! It’s so nice to wake up feeling good… our bodies will thank us

1 Like

I use to be the hangover king :crown:. I’m grateful each morning, all 162 of them now, to wake up with a clear head. It feels so good. And I’m so worth it!
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes