Woke up wanting booze already

Woke up, day1,and i feel so tempted right now. Today is my day off and I already feel like opening up a beer. my usual routine…,
I’m fighting with myself :sweat: I hate that I already want to give up and drink . It’s a 24/7 thing if I’m not drinking, I think about drinking, when and where to drink . But I can’t keep doing this to my body I don’t want to end up in hospital someday
I hate this!!

3 Likes

Addiction is no life at all… It’s a slow (sometimes not so slow) death… Addiction is going to try to make you believe that you can’t live without it, but it’s the contrary. You can’t live With it! I do hope that you do yourself this extraordinary honour of healing yourself. And don’t try to do this all on your own. Get help. Contact someone you trust. Attend a meeting. Be safe about withdrawal, get medical assistance if you have to. And the moment you decide to get sober, get rid of the f’in booze! Don’t try to just overcome cravings, get rid of the triggers!
You can do this, you are strong, you are worthy!

4 Likes

First days are hard. Like you said: you’re fighting yourself. You have to change everything that was normal to you. You have to create a new routine.
Try to district yourself. Do something like listen to recovery podcasts (recovery elevator is one), go for a walk/run, exercize, Netflix, etc. Don’t think to far
ahead, focus on this day and how to survive it sober.
You are going to feel better day by day! It’s worth the work!! Life is better sober!
Hang on!!

5 Likes

The first days are the most challenging. You are fighting something you have become dependant on, something you turn to in your hour of need. But that need is always short lived and the craving for more is still there.
There are lots of supportive people on this forum who are readily available to offer support through their own personal journey.
Please keep reaching out, distract yourself when cravings are at their strongest. Come here, read, vent, post, whatever it takes

We are all here for each other, it’s one day, one hour or one minute at a time my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Someone posted this yesterday, pretty interesting.
It’s one of the hardest things to do, Alice. I know you can do it.

8 Likes

Hi Alice, i was like you, probably much worse. I woke up in the middle of the night to drink a couple of beers. My brain constantly was thinking of the next beer… 24/7. I quit that shit 413 days ago. I know if i did it so can you. I recommend flooding your brain with recovery. I listened to the Shair podcast like a junkie and some others. I listened to quit drinking books. I logged on here 200 times a day. Give yourself a many tools as you can and fight like your life depends on it because it does. I wish you well.

6 Likes

Hi Alice, welcome and well done on making the decision to turn your life around. Stay posted on here and make the most of resources available.

https://talkingsober.com/t/resources-for-our-recovery/52812

Never listen to that voice in your head that tells you that just one more drink won’t harm and it will make you feel better. It lies, and in time it will go away. :monkey:

I wish you all the best in your journey forward. :heart: :pray:

1 Like

Hey, I see you posted this 9 hours ago… Are you okay? Hit me up if there’s anything I can do. Just breathe deeply when those feelings and cravings hit, they might be intense for a while, but soon they will lessen and become weaker. They’ll become much easier to bear, it won’t last forever even if it feels like it.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I definitely had a craving pop up in the last 10 minutes and seein this put me right back in my place!

3 Likes

Good going, girl! Don’t let it run (or ruin) your life…:blush:
I’m glad you’re here…🙋💐

2 Likes

How are you today?

1 Like