Words You Like thread

1. Glad the pronunciation was included in the googles lol
  2. Who comes up with words like that one, which I’m too lazy to type?
  3. I thought it was going to be fear of little hippos … I put hippos, because idk plural of hippopotamus… with an es or i… hippopotamuses or hippopotomi … I like the sound of the latter word, so there’s my verdict re the plural form. Case closed lol
1 Like

I’ll try to link a reference. Hold up just a sec

1 Like

Saalllsa
Video gold

3 Likes

Classic, I love that show :heart:️ thanks!

1 Like

Argh now I need to look up Inglenook because wtf does that even mean :rofl:

2 Likes

Theory
Flourish
Hello

• some of my favorite words to write out
2 Likes

Thriving…

1 Like

Languid
Conversely
Dilapidated
Frenetic

Also, all the Irish slang/expletives that are part of my vocabulary thanks to being around my Dad for 30 years (and spending quite a bit of time in the old country myself). Favorite word from that basket is “langer”.

2 Likes

A sphincter says what?

2 Likes

Had to google langer. 2 definitions from the googles lol, which I guess could mean the same thing. Read it could be a surname as well. “Mr. Langer” lol

This scoop was the 1st nugget of profound knowledge I gleaned from this fine forum today. Thanks & HaPpY FriYaY! (-:

My husband uses cacaphony all the time…I no longer like this word.

1 Like

poot fartbubble

P.S. I dont like to say poot. It sounds silly or dainty or prude or something idk … probably smells bad too

1 Like

Hahaha well I hope you can find a use for it!

I think “langer” is specific to the part of Ireland my family is from (Cork), I think at some point I had read it’s not commonly used elsewhere, but I could be mistaken.

Another good one is “feck”, which is essentially just another version of “fuck”, but less severe. Although I still haven’t quite figured out the difference after all these years, I’m under the assumption that feck is considered somewhat more polite…but that’s based solely on that my grandmother only said “feck”, never the proper f-word…and she sure did say feck a lot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Paradox
Buttercup
Alienated

That’s so cute … I really like that. Made me laugh. It remind me of the old Father Ted program where the old retired priest always shout the feck word :rofl:

2 Likes

Shit ton​:rofl::rofl::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Boobjuice
Twat waffle

2 Likes

LOVE Father Ted. Haven’t seen it in a long time, I need to get it on DVD or something. They used to show the English/Irish shows on public broadcast here when I was little (Father Ted, Mr Bean, Are you Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, etc), loved watching that stuff with my Dad. Wish they still did that.

3 Likes

Father Jack used to say feck lot on Father Ted on British telly back when swearing wasn’t common

3 Likes

I should have read down the thread sorry. Didn’t see. Duh!!
Now there’s a good word
Duh!

2 Likes