Working the night shift

Here I am once more working the night shift. It’s most definitely not my favorite time because the mind can run wild. A part of me is thinking of asking my boss to switch my shift because as an addict I spent one to many nights “WIDE AWAKE” and revisiting this twice a week doesn’t leave a nice taste in my mouth and the other part of me wants to take it as a challenge and see how far I can push myself… anyways at least I’m up and clean and have a job two sides to everything right??? Wwyd???

4 Likes

I’m in the 7th month 10days … of my soberiety it’s not too bad per say however working at a hotel it leaves me open to people stopping by you know the ones I try and so desperately avoid at all costs it just brings a lot of unwantedness buuut on the other had I only work 4 days a week two swing and two graves I’m the cover girl for the other two so they can have days off and it’s all weekends not fair either… idk I think I’m strong enough hopefully fyi… this is the longest I’ve been clean in my whole life so new territory for me…

I hope that you are right! Mindless phone games… I think yes! I’m so glad I stumbled upon this app man it’s been a life saver in my soberiety somewhere I know none of my friends or family will see and I can just let loose I think that important in recovery somewhere your not judged and can just be… thank you for talking with me R.iver I really appreciate it not a lot of people understand and even the aa/na groups in town just dont get me nor help me so I tend to stay away but yes I hope I can keep up the good record I’ve done it this far by the grace of the gods I should be able to keep it up!!!

2 Likes

So I was always the girl in high school who took two hour naps once school let out/I got home and still went to bed early. In my early 20’s sleeping in late would make me a little bluesy- like I was missing out on SO much of the day. I work night shift and it sucks for me. Originally did it to help with my drinking, but eventually started to drink in the am after work or doubled up on my days off. It takes a toll on your health if you aren’t a night owl… I’m constantly trying to catch up or struggling to fall asleep or stay asleep.

1 Like

Do you read. Get an awfull lot of reading done on that kind of night shift. Years ago I was in a magazine factory. Once loaded the machine would take a while to need loading again. Shift supervisor would let us read if we wanted. Sometimes I’d get a book done in a night.
So much easier now with kindle.(other e-readers are available :laughing:)

1 Like

I’ve been doing my college work but that’s over in five weeks yay me a college graduate however yes I love reading when my last class is over I’ll hopefully be able to read stuff I actually like lol

2 Likes