Wow, Did i really just do that?

So, as some of you know I have been clean for 3 months and 6 days from Percocet 30s. I’ve been using since 2013. Well, today I was cleaning out my work drawer and I found one. Just laying there. I stared at it for a second and had honest thoughts of taking it. (It’s just this one) but I quickly saw my sobriety calendar in my head, my family and all of you. I went right to the bath room and flushed it. It feels good to have the strength to have done that. I’ve never done that before. I am so proud of myself, but now I have anxiety from seeing it. Lol

44 Likes

Nicely done, that’s a HUGE victory and a testament to how commited you are to your sobriety. Great job!

2 Likes

Nice job spunky!!

2 Likes

You made the right choice. Life is full of those moments when you can go one way or the other. Each moment is a new challenge, but you rose to this one. I think you are right to be proud of yourself.

2 Likes

Hell yea @Spunky!!! Super proud of you!!!

1 Like

:hugs:emphasized text

1 Like

2 Likes

You’re right. I will have challenges pop up, I pray I pass every single one. Thank you for the supoort

Yep, that’s about what I look like dancing sober! :joy:

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I too cleaned today and found some paraphernalia. & tossed it all. It feels fantastic!

3 Likes

Proud of you! You did great!! :facepunch:

1 Like

Lol! Great picture. Thanks

1 Like

Me too! Thanks so much

1 Like

It really does. Glad you tossed it out too!

1 Like

That’s amazing, well done. I’m sure it wasn’t easy but you did it and you should really pat yourself on the back. You made a great choice today x

1 Like

So very proud you having the strenth to flush it rsther than take it…

1 Like

Thank you!!! It was like… “get out of here!” Lol

Thank you! I’m sorry, I’m now just seeing this. I missed it.