Writing/Composing Music

I’ve been learning the piano over the last 3 years and has become quite obsessional of late. Probably my main vice these days, maybe up to 4 hours a day. Literally gone from not knowing my scales a year ago to being able to freeplay boogie woogie and minimal. Not amazing or anything (yet) but incredible the difference a lockdown or 3 makes :wink:

You know I’m paying attention haha, your the one with the short attention span,

Yes schecter is a great shred guitar, I love les Paul’s but the older ones im not into this chambered bodies, the downside they weigh a metric fuck ton a whole set and you feel like your gonna die,

I was and still am entertaining the idea of a floating bridge my dinky has one, but still working on the idea of using it more than just adding some vibrato to runs, I mean you watch guys like via and satch and it’s like yeah I need to figure that out

Dropping in,

My friend Dave is hitting me with stuff, he’s trying to go rap/metal with, kinda like a Rage or Linkin park vibe, it’s definitely a new experience for me, but I’m gonna give it a go.

Music is my life! It’s really all I think about from the time I wake to the time I go to sleep. My mind is always creating; whether its a melody, a phrase, chord progression or syllabic rhyme. You should see my desk, it’s littered with post-its and notepads full of ideas that cross my mind.

I often write music to tell story; some times the story is from someone I know, some times it’s my own, other times it’s completely made up. I think at this point, I’ve written over 200 songs across almost every genre (metal, rock, EDM, Pop, folk, bluegrass, country).

you can check out some of my work on my thread:

Music by the artist formally known as DasinDog

Do you have any recordings? I’d love to hear!

1 Like