Yellow person

Please talk with your doctor about your medical concerns. We are not qualified to assist in this way. Please contact the doctor or clinic to discuss your concerns so you can move forward in a healthy way. Glad you are sober!!

7 Likes

I am so sorry :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hey :hugs:
How are you doing ?

1 Like

‘You need a medical professional to answer this question and concern, not strangers on the internet’-ChrisR

Absolutely,there is no question about it! Emily needs urgent support for her liver if she is going to get better.
In her defence, she HAS seen a medical professional, had blood work done and has got some answers about what she needs to do.

It seems she just wants a little reassurance from people she knows and trusts.l think she realises it’s very serious and possibly is scared for her future already.

Without downplaying the severity of her current situation, the liver is an amazing organ that is capable of regeneration and can come back strong after long term abuse of drugs and alcohol. If Emily is willing to makes some big changes in her life, she has a good chance of living a long life.

But there is no time to waste, as jaundice gives off a very obvious and visible clue that the liver is essentially dying. It can compensate very well up to a certain point, but it can’t do that forever.

Let’s hope and pray that this is the wake up call that Emily needed to make some positive changes to her life.

It is a good reminder to all of us out there to love and be grateful for our bodies and organs for the amazing job they do to keep us healthy.

If you are able to read these messages, please know that we are with you in spirit and will support you back to optimal health! You and your family are so worth it! :heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

It took years of excessive drinking to develop the yellow. You’ve been alcohol free for 18 days (Congratulations!). It will take time and consistency of effort to reverse years of damage done. Commit to healing your organs and the yellow will fade overtime, not overnight. I’d strongly suggest researching a holistic lifestyle in general (increase the amount of greens and fruits in your diet, research herbs that are good for healing and regenerating the liver, go on a juicing detox program). Make it less about the yellow and more about regaining your health. Good luck.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you went to the doctor. I struggle to stay sober but have not experienced what you have YET. 13 days is incredible. The withdrawals are the worst part for me. Keep up the good work and keep sharing.

How are you feeling @Raven22114 ? Is the jaundice gone? Wishing you well.

1 Like

No and I’m in the hospital now have been since wed

1 Like

Oh no. I am sorry to hear this, but also glad that you are being monitored and hopefully getting the assistance your body needs to heal. :heart:

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but I am glad you are getting the medical care you need. I know it can be so hard to put your needs first when you have young children, especially when your husband works so much. But it’s so important that you do what you need to do to take care of yourself, even if that means a temporary inconvenience like asking someone else to help with the kids or your husband having to take time off work. You deserve to heal and be cared for.
I once heard someone say “the best thing you can do for your children is take care of their mother.” I know you love your kids and you want to be around for them for a very long time, so please know you are doing the best thing you could possibly be doing for them right now by continuing to stay sober and getting the treatment you need to be healthy again.

I hope you are comfortable and getting lots of rest where you are, and I am wishing you all the best in your recovery. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes