Yesterday, I cheated on my fiancee, and now we're done

4 years out the window.

You know what’s crazy? I’ve heard stories from so many former addicts about their addictions ruining their relationships, and I always thought “That could never be me”

Well… It is me now. I had a girl make advances on me through texts and I failed to resist the temptation. The conversation only lasted about 30 minutes before I cameto grips with what I was saying to this other woman. I immediately blocked and deleted her, and went to confess myself.

I can’t believe I let it happen. I never thought I would become one of those stories, but here we are. I want this to be a lesson to not just me, but to those who have also thought it won’t happen to them.

The amount of pain I’ve caused and the weight of the guilt I carry is too much. If you haven’t yet, please be cautious to NEVER walk in my shoes.

Keep yourselves in check everyone…

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re in so much pain and that your fiance had to suffer innocently too.

The effects for both are devastating.

The positive here is that you’ve now had your wakeup call and it’s time to get help and free yourself.

When your healed you can go back and do your best to make amends, should those people you hurt be willing, and providing your attempt at amends doesn’t cause more harm to them.

Let go of this shame, it was a really poor decision, and what you do with this, is what is most important.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve been trying to not beat myself up over it and keep moving. It’s a tremendous loss for me, and it needs to be my rock bottom. Only up to go from here

1 Like