Yikes just when I thought I was out of the woods

Hi guys, had a fight with the bf and for the first time in I can’t even remember how long I actually had to talk myself out of buying a pack

Of cigarettes, then about 5 10 mins later as I drove by the booze shop I briefly considered just saying fuck it all.

I’m home safe now. Feeling crap but glad that at least I haven’t given in YET. I think I’m about to hit a rough patch and it’s kinda a bummer because I was starting to believe I might be out of the woods and would
Never struggle not to drink again. Panicked quite a bit when the urge hit as I really wasn’t expecting it.

Anyhow. Had to make sure I put it out there.

Thanks for reading and hope you are all putting one foot in from of the other xox

7 Likes

Hey… Hope you’re feeling better and the urge passed x

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your close call. Thanks for posting as a warning for us.

Good job working through it.

2 Likes

Stay strong and know that the Lord Jesus Christ is up above who loves you and wants you to succeed

1 Like

Thats everyone. Feeling better but definitely trying to pay more attention to my mental state. Don’t want that sneaking up on me again.

upped my exercise and am hoping this will help with countering the buildup of negative emotions. However if I keep feeling triggered so badly I want to go back to drinking or smoking, then I’ll have to seriously consider getting rid of the trigger . My relationship.

Will see how it goes. Thanks again!