Yoga chat 2023/2024

Wonderful before bed, thank you!

2 Likes

I am still plugging away at YWA. Got up to day 25 this week. Didnā€™t quite have time for day 26, so did one of her short videos instead.

Honestly could have done a little more. Went for a shorter one so as not to keep my partner upā€¦ Of course he is snoring away happily :sweat_smile:

Should be on track to finish YWA this week. Am really happy with that. It feels like a big personal growth thing for me - just keeping going at my own pace. Rather than setting my expectations too high, getting upset about not meeting them, and giving up :see_no_evil: Obviously itā€™s just a few weeks so not exactly a lifetime habit. But it feels relatively sustainable for now at least.

1 Like

I support this. :people_hugging:

Iā€™ve been enjoying an unlimited yoga pass at one of the local studios. I love the power flow classes but have been balancing with some more restorative and meditation based classes. And my girlfriends and partner are doing it too. Team activity :laughing:

3 Likes

I am struggling with stress and pressure today and it was hard to find my way to the matā€¦
Twisting legs, I just cried from deep inside.
Anyway, a good lesson. End with legs on the wall was relaxing. Still not okay at all, but hey.

:woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

2 Likes

This looks great, big yin fan. Thank you!! I have neglected my home practice. :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Hey all! I havenā€™t been posting here, or even reading really, as my practice has been more about swimming recently (currently 7 months pregnant and dealing with a pretty substantial amount of leg nerve pain. The pool is the one time I donā€™t feel it!!)

But itā€™s been fun. I try to just apply the very same principles I do to my yoga practice to my swim practice: the breath is really all that matters, listen to your body, stay in the present moment.

The weightlessness has been a really big help as my belly continues to grow. I was teaching a small yoga class yesterday, and since there werenā€™t many people in it, I decided to practice with them. I modified as much as needed, and used class as a way to create a little warmth, hug in and make some space in my body. While something in me has been resisting a real yoga practice lately, I have to admit it felt delightful.

I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is that: my body keeps calling to me ā€œspend some time with meā€¦it makes me happyā€¦it makes YOU happyā€
As much as I should know this by this pointā€¦itā€™s still nice to hear the reminder.

5 Likes

Listening to our bodyā€¦sounds so simple!! A life long practice for sure. :heart: Glad you are enjoying your swimming and weightlessness!!

3 Likes

Had some tough time to even follow vinyasa style class. My mind just wouldnā€™t calm and I couldnā€™t focus at all. I managed to attend my Monday class, though. This has a focus/topic and there is no real flow. I attended some morning classes this week on yogaeasy a popular German yoga provider/app which offers several live classes per week as well. Also from a local ashtanga centre. What stroke me some weeks ago was one single sentence: itā€™s called downwards facing dog not backwards facing dog. So, since then I try to look to the floor and not to my feet. :see_no_evil::crazy_face: One tiny break of routine and I am occupied all day. Anyway, this morning she did a lot of breathing which I donā€™t like. I mean, I like breathing. I really do. On a daily, heartbeat basis but breath work :hot_face: well, I followed through :grimacing::tada::partying_face:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t done any more yoga since doing the YWA January thing :upside_down_face: but do love to read other peopleā€™a updates!

I have been fully out of my evening routine and it is something I am thinking about it, so maybe I will be back to it soon.

Also starting to think about my trip to this yearā€™s World Yoga Festival (UK), at the start of August. Am looking forward to working there as the volunteer coordinator. I would highly recommend it (Iā€™ve only been as a volunteer, but imagine paying and having all the time is also amazing!), so any UK yogis, or any yogis that might be in the UK in August, check it out :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

A world yoga festival sounds beyond marvelousā€¦maybe too many people for meā€¦but just the wide range of all things yoga sounds incredible and inspiring. Plusā€¦a festival in the UKā€¦my favorites to view from afar (I have some UK friends who are attend many festivals and I live vicariously!)

On a much smaller scale, I am attending two yoga workshops later this year both at The Art of Living Retreat (an ayurvedic wellness center)ā€¦one with Jessamyn Stanley and her yoga for all and the other, is with Laura McKowen (author of We Are The Luckiest and Push Off From Here), combining sobriety/recovery and restorative yoga. I have been searching for yin / restorative retreats for years and am excited at the prospect of both of these. Especially recovery / yoga. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I want to include my 15 to 20 min Yoga again in my morning routine. As I can not start working here before 7h30am, it might be a good change.
I did this morning and itā€™s good to stretch a bit my old body.

3 Likes

Itā€™s actually not that big. I guess it depends what you compare it to! But it is the most wholesome and wonderful event. I will happily post updates though for you to enjoy from afar!

Yin retreats sound heavenly :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

My 2x a week yin class was on hiatus for the past 2 weeks. There was a new restorative class at a new studio in a nearby town I was able to attend a couple of timesā€¦but I really missed my regular practiceā€¦I didnā€™t realize how much until we were back today. Very grateful for yin here out in our tiny town. :heart:

I would like to add back in my every few nights bedtime yinā€¦I enjoyed thatā€¦just need to carve a bit more time b4 bed.

2 Likes

Yes, please!!

1 Like

Did my morning yoga sequence. As much as I learned to love different practices, I appreciate the short sequences of Mady Morrison. I like the flow. Guess it is THE German YT Yoga person. :grimacing::see_no_evil: Was a huge fan but somehow not so anymore. But still grateful for old videos of hers.

1 Like

Started my morning with this. Well, itā€™s German. Sorry.

2 Likes

Started the day with some sun salutations. 5 A, 3 B. Guess also non German can follow. I like the counting and flow. 5 breaths in downward facing dog in each round.

1 Like

Ooh a nice short one. I am trying to sort myself a morning routine and I think some sun salutations would fit in nicely. Just need to start waking up a little earlier :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The studio I practice in has added an evening yin class on Wednesdaysā€¦I am excited for the class, I like the instructor. :grinning:

2 Likes