Yoga chat 2023/2024

I have to post this here.
I found his in my audible library yesterday :see_no_evil: began listening and am just amazed. I might have to overthink my aversion against breath work. But thinking of it maybe yoga already helped me without knowing. With their constant annoying reminder of how to breathe :grimacing::crazy_face: I am rarely to never sick. I don’t breathe through the mouth like he describes in the book.

3 Likes

I will give it a listen, thank you. I also have an aversion to some breath work. I like box breathing a lot. I do not like the hold nostril breathing, name escapes me.

1 Like

Anuloma viloma I guess is what you mean. :upside_down_face:

Alternate nostril breathing!

1 Like

He is explaining a lot about the effects of breathing through the different nostrils.

1 Like

Doing yoga over 2 months now and alcohol free for 71 days, i find it helps alot with staying focused and keeping the mind & body calm and stress free.

I would recommend to anyone looking to engage in it as it has helped me massively, stick with it and you will see the benefits😊 happy sunday everyone

3 Likes

Reactivating yoga chat 2023 :yum:

Namaste :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

3 Likes

A daily yoga practice is very important in my self care and recovery. Anyone interested in a 2024 thread or continuing this one?

I usually start my day with a short morning routine to get body and mind moving.

In the evening I do a longer class, either vinyassa strong or yin for recovery. Just finished this 28 day program.

2 Likes

I’d love to get involved.
I have dabbled with yoga since about 2013 but never progressed beyond beginner :flushed:
I tended to use it in conjunction with running, and then the other positives came as a surprising but welcome bonus.
I’m just getting back in to doing a short routine after the gym but would like to make it daily x

2 Likes

@Louloubelle Do you have a specific routine or do you just do some free flow movements?

I’ve just been to yoga class this morning, in the first time since forever. I’ve been struggling with vertigo for the best part of last year. Vertigo and down dog do not go well together.
Today went okay-ish. I hope to build yoga back into my gym routine.
:squid:

1 Like

Vertigo kept me from yoga for quite some time. I ended up finding yin yoga and restorative yoga were non vertigo inducing and extra relaxing. Yin is a wonderful stretch and very healing.

2 Likes

I use an app called Yoga Studio. Have you come across it? X

@Louloubelle This app looks interesting. I’m going to give it a look.
@SassyRocks I absolutely love Yin classes. Especially the long ones - one hour and even longer.
@HolySquid Vertigo sucks. I remember finding some classes on Youtube without inversions. I did them when I had trouble with my shoulders and couldn’t get into down dog.

I usually follow this teacher couple: Breathe and Flow. I love their Vinyassa Flows, Yin sessions, breathing and meditation practice. They have a 7 day Beginner programm I really enjoyed. After looping this one a lot I went with their beginner calender and then other classes and programmes.

Today I did this 30min Intermediate Class and some body scanning relaxation afterwards.

3 Likes

Anyone else doing YWA 30 Days of Yoga?
I just finished Day 7 of Flow, this years 30 days of yoga challenge. I always start to lose focus towards the end of the month, so I thought it might help to have other folks doing it to check in. If not, I highly recommend Yoga with Adriene! Sometimes the 20 minutes is the only peace I get in a day. :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

A good, strong yoga practice today.

Today was emotionally challenging. I breathed through all of it :grin:

I’m starting yoga tomorrow morning to see if I like it, unknown territory for me I’m a 42 year old guy who is seriously not bendy, I am doing 4 sessions over the next few weeks to get a feel for it hopefully, options are yin or hatha, anyone have recommendations on which I should try

1 Like

Usually hatha yoga will be more movement focused, while Yin is typically a slow practice where you hold relaxing poses for longer times. Try both and get a feeling for them.

Some people prefer one kind of practice, others will mix. I usually do 4-5 days a week a strong moment flow, and on two days I relax with yin.

Enjoy your classes and share your experiences!

1 Like

Ok great thanks, I’ll give both a try and see what I think, will share once I know what’s going on

1 Like