Yoga group

Ooh I might do that next month. I remember starting it whenever it came out and it being lovely.

This popped up as a recommended video on my YouTube this morning so I did it. Was nice, still pretty gentle but a couple of bits to wake up with!

Felt too sleepy for yoga this morning but did it anyway. This was just right.

1 Like

Yes! This is what I love about yin and holding dragon pose for a long time. :heart:

1 Like

Good flow. Short and keeps my floating mind concentrated.

I started doing yoga about 8 weeks ago, pretty much every other day. It’s something I have intended to start for a while to try and hopefully find some relief for back pain. I wanted to give it a good shot before coming to any conclusions, but after a couple of months I can say that it’s the most significant thing that has improved my life in ages.

Physically I feel better. My core is much stronger, I can see and feel my body toning up. There is more integrity to how I hold myself, my posture has improved. And I can touch my toes for the first time in my life. It’s powerful stuff. And there is some improvement in my back, less pain and improved flexibility for sure.

Mentally I feel more intune with my body than ever. I see now that even when I’ve been at my most fit, I’ve never really honoured my body and had any real mind/body connection. Quite the opposite actually. Yoga also fulfills the meditative part of my day which is great as I have found it difficult to engage in specific meditation practice for a while now. My mental health is in a good place right now, and it’s mostly down to regular yoga I’m sure.

At some stage I will do some in person classes, but for now I am content with home practice. It’s very early days and I intend to make this a constant in my life. No rush.

I stopped eating meat around the same time as starting this regular yoga practice, so my body and mind have had a double wammy of good vibes recently and it’s really had an impact on my quality of life.

I’m looking forward to having a good read through the thread, I have a lot to learn!! I can see that I use the same videos as a few of you. I found this channel recently which doesn’t seem to have many views but I really like.

5 Likes

:sunglasses:

I’m working towards a daily practice but I am being careful. I hurt myself a couple of times in the first few days, pulled muscles I didn’t know I had :sweat_smile: which taught me early on to take my time. I’m actively trying to work towards a life based on how I feel rather than chasing numbers as if that equals success. I find yoga to be perfect for that. It’s all about feel, and taking your time.

1 Like

I thought I post it here. One of the most hated poses I know, well there are others. But I expected worse. So now I have sth to work on.

5 Likes

Hello! Long story short I have three herniated discs in my lower back. Was living well with it until 4 days ago. It went out again. Started yoga yesterday and it helped soooo much. Im doing DDPY. Anyone else using that program? Im usually a strict weight lifter but hoping this addition of yoga will help my back and maybe make me stronger! Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

2 Likes

I wish you a speedy recovery. Yoga taught me a lot during my recovery and I still learn every time I am on the mat. I learn that I am not at all symmetrical and where my weak parts are. And I learn so much about acceptance and letting go, breathing and keeping on even when there is resistance.

2 Likes

I am a huge fan of yin yoga…which is very meditative, as you hold the poses for 3 to 5 minutes each. It is a beautiful stretch for your body and compliment to running, hiking, working out, more strenuous yoga, etc. as it releases and lengthens the fascia. Yin always helps me center and find my peace. :heart:

4 Likes

I ordered one of those fancy pillows for too much money and last night was the first night I slept on it. Today is the first day I have woken up not completely in pain. My neck is still stiff though so I will try it out this morning. Thank you!!

3 Likes