Yoga group

For anyone who partakes in yoga. Share something you are working on and tips… positive quotes.
I’m personally trying to work on a headstand but can’t figure it out how to get my feet off the ground.

10 Likes

Oh can I join plz, love yoga. :blue_heart::purple_heart::orange_heart:

Try lots of dolphin pose first the strengthen the muscles you need, then build up to doing it against a wall for support.

I stumbled across this lady on you tube a couple of years ago and she has change my practice completely
“yoga with adriene” https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

She helps me focus on self love and acceptance and really feel my way through postures, isntead of going through the motions full of ego like I had for years. Her videos are short and sweet and feel like a real gift to myself when I do them :blue_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart:

I am working on loosening up my shoulders, and have been for a very long time, I carry a lot of my troubles there, any tips would be greatly received. :pray::pray:

12 Likes

If you have an open corner in a room walk towards it with outstretched arms so your arms are trying to do 90 degree angle but behind you.
Always feels really good on my shoulders and chest.

3 Likes

I did 50 hot yoga classes in a month a few years back and the results were amazing.

8 Likes

Wow that’s impressive :star_struck:

2 Likes

This feels amazing, thank you x

2 Likes

I just threw myself into it. I would highly recommend hot yoga. Namaste :metal:

3 Likes

I’m not convinced, hate feeling too hot! :thinking::crazy_face::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Non heated Yoga will have the same positive effects on the body and mind.

3 Likes

Successfully did the wheel pose at the end of class today!
Usually my arms are too sore/weak to do it, and I don’t know why they always wait for it to be the last pose, but I got it today and I felt strong and proud! Crow, headstand and splits are the next on my list. Which of these 3 did you guys find the easiest?

4 Likes

Hey, wow that’s great :+1::+1: I love the wheel or mostly I love the feeling when I come out of it!
I found crow the easiest one leg at a time. Cant do splits though, maybe I’ll work on this too.
Hope you doing ok otherwise. X

2 Likes

Fiery little centering practice- just what I needed today :pray:

8 Likes

Got crow today! Didn’t stick for long but I did it and I’m super close to splits on my left side. Can’t wait to go buy my own yoga mat so I can start practicing at home again. :blush:

4 Likes

Aww well done you, bwt that felt good :+1:

2 Likes

Not really sure what you mean… I think I’ve seen the socks before but just seems extra to me. Standard ol mat with a strap to carry works for me. I have just been going to classes and using them there.
And as for shaming myself I’m the queen of doing that, but yoga helps me feel better about myself so I shame less.

5 Likes

I need extra stickiness when I do yoga…my hands and feet sweat so I slip on my mat.

My goal is to invest in a B Mat. They are really sticky!! I haven’t seen gloves or socks though. Maybe that’s a cheaper alternative.

I really need to get into a regular practice. Once a month just does not cut it!! LOL

2 Likes

I’ve literally just started today 1st thing in the morning set me off good

6 Likes

That’s wonderful!!! It helps so much with my anxiety. Goal is to get a mat by the end of the week so even if I don’t make it to a class I can do at least 15-20 every night before bed (with the goal of an hour)

2 Likes

Did some yoga this morning for the first time in ages. Admittedly it was just a 7 minute one (I’m a YWA fan) but it felt good.

Last year I was managing a pretty much daily practice and it felt amazing. Not putting any pressure on myself to get back to that but going to a yoga festival next weekend and I would like to get a few decent sessions in before that so I can make the most of it.

6 Likes

That’s so exciting! I bet you will have a great time. Just doing a couple minutes is better than nothing at all. With my new work schedule my workout routine has completely been thrown off. Going to try and get to the gym or do some yoga before work tomorrow.

4 Likes