Yoga group

For anyone who partakes in yoga. Share something you are working on and tips… positive quotes.
I’m personally trying to work on a headstand but can’t figure it out how to get my feet off the ground.

2 Likes

Put your knees on your elbows first.

2 Likes

Oh can I join plz, love yoga. :blue_heart::purple_heart::orange_heart:

Try lots of dolphin pose first the strengthen the muscles you need, then build up to doing it against a wall for support.

I stumbled across this lady on you tube a couple of years ago and she has change my practice completely
“yoga with adriene” https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

She helps me focus on self love and acceptance and really feel my way through postures, isntead of going through the motions full of ego like I had for years. Her videos are short and sweet and feel like a real gift to myself when I do them :blue_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart:

I am working on loosening up my shoulders, and have been for a very long time, I carry a lot of my troubles there, any tips would be greatly received. :pray::pray:

2 Likes

If you have an open corner in a room walk towards it with outstretched arms so your arms are trying to do 90 degree angle but behind you.
Always feels really good on my shoulders and chest.

I did 50 hot yoga classes in a month a few years back and the results were amazing.

1 Like

Wow that’s impressive :star_struck:

1 Like

This feels amazing, thank you x

1 Like

I just threw myself into it. I would highly recommend hot yoga. Namaste :metal:

1 Like

I’m not convinced, hate feeling too hot! :thinking::crazy_face::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Non heated Yoga will have the same positive effects on the body and mind.

2 Likes

Successfully did the wheel pose at the end of class today!
Usually my arms are too sore/weak to do it, and I don’t know why they always wait for it to be the last pose, but I got it today and I felt strong and proud! Crow, headstand and splits are the next on my list. Which of these 3 did you guys find the easiest?

1 Like

Hey, wow that’s great :+1::+1: I love the wheel or mostly I love the feeling when I come out of it!
I found crow the easiest one leg at a time. Cant do splits though, maybe I’ll work on this too.
Hope you doing ok otherwise. X

1 Like

Fiery little centering practice- just what I needed today :pray:

3 Likes

Got crow today! Didn’t stick for long but I did it and I’m super close to splits on my left side. Can’t wait to go buy my own yoga mat so I can start practicing at home again. :blush:

3 Likes

Do you ever, like, yoga shame yourself? I am reading all this stuff about taking the plastic out of yoga. I have 3 mats. The gloves and socks just look weird. Thoughts? Not asking to start anything. Just curious.

Aww well done you, bwt that felt good :+1:

1 Like

Not really sure what you mean… I think I’ve seen the socks before but just seems extra to me. Standard ol mat with a strap to carry works for me. I have just been going to classes and using them there.
And as for shaming myself I’m the queen of doing that, but yoga helps me feel better about myself so I shame less.

2 Likes

They are these gloves and socks that grip the floor and make anywhere like using a mat but no mat.

Ah, well never mind then. Wish you lived close. I’d give you one of mine.

1 Like

I need extra stickiness when I do yoga…my hands and feet sweat so I slip on my mat.

My goal is to invest in a B Mat. They are really sticky!! I haven’t seen gloves or socks though. Maybe that’s a cheaper alternative.

I really need to get into a regular practice. Once a month just does not cut it!! LOL

1 Like

https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/be-good-planet-environmental-impact-yoga-clothes?utm_source=DoYogaWithMe+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e4315dd5b1-OTM_May27.2019&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8396cb3645-e4315dd5b1-49177563&mc_cid=e4315dd5b1&mc_eid=aed66ed8f3

This was where I read about them.

2 Likes