You are missed #2 (Part 1)

Hey @Tomek -
I know you made the decision to go, and that you haven’t been gone long, but you are missed here - your posts, your piano playing, and the pics of the little figures you made. You’re always welcome to come back. Whether you do or do not, I wish you well - health and happiness and wellness in abundance. :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Haven’t seen @anon86726034 in a while hope you are doing good.

9 Likes

@SarahJ, do pop in once in a bit.

6 Likes

Thanks! Struggling but still sober. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@050Nl where you been? I miss you and Nala very much. Praying all went well with that complaint about Nala while you were away. :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

Thank you, Emm, for your always kind words, it means a lot to me really. I will be back soon, because I struggle a lot recently. On the other hand I needed this break. I hope you’re doing well! I miss you all, guys!

9 Likes

I hope you find some calmer waters soon, James.

4 Likes

@Fargesia_murielae I don’t recall seeing you around in awhile. Hope you’re doing well.

5 Likes

@050Nl been thinking about you as well Joost. :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m always thinking of him, it’s probably not healthy :thinking::grin:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re struggling a little. You’ve always been there for the rest of us so please let us know if there’s anything we can do for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

@Beardy I hope you’ll be good. Well, I know you’ll be good because you are already a good person and you keep choosing to be a better version of yourself. But I guess I wish you well. I hope everything will be fine with the little family. I also hope you keep those runnings up to your standards and more. Take care and reach out whenever you need it. It’s been a pleasure.

2 Likes

Acceptance and boundaries are the 2 topics that keep coming up at my AA meetings. Those with many years of sobriety can always relate on some level. I’ve come to the conclusion that these will always be an issue from time to time in most of our lives. As long as we keep using our tools, we’ll get through these rough patches. Sounds like you are doing everything you should be.

5 Likes

Hi Eric, thank you for thinking of me and for looking out for me and so many other members on here! :heart: :penguin: hope you’re doing well, too!
I’m ok, still sober, just passed 5 months a couple of days ago, yay! I didn’t really check in much because there is so much life stuff happening for me right now: I will be moving back to Vienna after having lived in Germany for almost 11 years in a matter of weeks now. There’s a lot of planning and organizing, but I’m also really restless and emotional. I’m feeling very confident about my sobriety, but I’m afraid of explaining myself to people back home. Last time they saw me, I could drink my 2m tall brother under the table :sweat_smile: I have changed so much and so have my priorities - I no longer crave beer, but inner peace and it will take my family and friends by surprise. I tend to internalize everything and never tell anyone about my struggles, so that’s the biggest hurdle I have yet to take.
It’s wonderful to be able to come back here, I will make a point of checking in and getting to read about about how all of you are doing :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

So great to hear you are doing well and I reckon it sounds like life is treating you good. Or more importantly you are treating life good. Good luck with your move. I hope it goes smoothly.
And to your 5 months :point_down:
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Yes, she left. We keep in touch a bit. I so admire her strength.

2 Likes

Me as well. Her and Angie and some of the older group, now long gone.

2 Likes

Two of my favourite characters from the past - I guess Angie’s still not allowed back?

2 Likes

No, she is not.

She was my first sober friend here. I’ve actually met her in person and she is a beautiful soul. I do miss her. We chat occasionally via text, but it’s not the same.

4 Likes